Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I bought a Leaf just before lockdown so it has hardly been used! Less than 300 miles in 3 months. The app will not connect to the car when it is parked at home. We have very poor mobile signal which i not the cars fault but i was wondering why it wont connect using my Wifi? It does have access to that network but doesn't seem to use it. Have i missed a setting to allow it?
I have tried Nissan "technical support" and they were completely useless and just said "go to the dealer" which was shut!

Has anyone got a solution? or got the same problem?

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
The LEAF doesn't connect to WiFi. The only option is to consider a femtocell on your home network to act as a local access point.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,103 Posts
The Leaf 3.0 and on cars have wifi. It's flakey as heck....

There was great discussion on how rubbish it was. I'll see if I can find it.

Found a couple of threads. Worth having a read through. Cars pre May 2019 don't have it as they have the old head unit. The tomtom head unit supposedly has wifi but it doesn't work much of the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. My leaf definitely has wifi! I'll have a look at those threads.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Mine has WiFi too and has successfully connected to my WiFi - but my router seems to have no knowledge of it being connected most of the time. I suspect that it connects very infrequently to check for updates, or similar, or that the h/w is present but have never actually been used by the s/w.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are the interesting results so far. More people don't charge at home than i thought. Maybe at work? I also thought more people would just have the EV as a second car but quite a few, me included, have it as the only vehicle.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts