Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked her up today. Battery on 100%, thankyou Nissan Sheffield. Drove back to Doncaster, using 20% of the battery. 5 miles per kwh, so yes I took it steady. Pro pilot is awesome. Tried out the granny cable, no problems there. Went for a 10 mile ride in the dark. Found out a few unknown extras. Self dimming mirror, self dipping headlights etc. Very impressed with the acceleration. Not as fast on paper as my mini sd I've just traded in, but in the real world, in most situations it's pretty even. I've got the battery down to 70%, so a short drive tomorrow will drop it to 60, and then I'm gonna try out my local engenie rapid charger!!!
The one fly in the ointment is the Nissan Connect app. Just can't get it to work. Keeps saying the vin number is wrong despite using the capture option. Fed up now, may try again tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,086 Posts
VIN number wrong often means previous owner hasn't removed it properly and it's still connected to their account. There is a phone number for Nissan connected services I think so I'd call them to get help in setting it up.

If the leaf 40 is registered before around May 2019 you need the older version of the app. Ones with the TomTom system have the newer one. They have different but similar names.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VIN number wrong often means previous owner hasn't removed it properly and it's still connected to their account. There is a phone number for Nissan connected services I think so I'd call them to get help in setting it up.

If the leaf 40 is registered before around May 2019 you need the older version of the app. Ones with the TomTom system have the newer one. They have different but similar names.
I did ask the dealer about the previous owner still being connected (I’d read there could be problems) and they assured me they always scrubbed off previous owners......I’ll check out the older app tomorrow, thanx for that. I suppose, with getting a Zappi fitted, I can set the charging through that, and as for pre heating, in Winter I’ll just open the front door, walk 6 feet to the car, start the heater, then have my coffee whilst it’s warming. TBH from the crappy reviews, connectivity, having to reset etc, it might not be worth the bother just for those 2 things. Would like to see though. Plus, the 3rd party apps all seem to need you to be registered officially any way.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I waited months for my app to work, despite many calls and emails to the dealer and customer support. Now that it's working I only really find it useful for pre-heating the car which I rarely use TBH. I have a Zappi and have it preset to charge when connected between 12:30 and 4:30 as I'm on Octopus GO Octopus go £50 off your first Bill if you use that link
With octopus go charging at those times is only 5p. The zappi is great and their app works really well. I've never used the charge timer in the car, as the zappi handles all that, just plug in and leave knowing that it will always charge at the correct time on a nice cheap tariff.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I waited months for my app to work, despite many calls and emails to the dealer and customer support. Now that it's working I only really find it useful for pre-heating the car which I rarely use TBH. I have a Zappi and have it preset to charge when connected between 12:30 and 4:30 as I'm on Octopus GO Octopus go £50 off your first Bill if you use that link
With octopus go charging at those times is only 5p. The zappi is great and their app works really well. I've never used the charge timer in the car, as the zappi handles all that, just plug in and leave knowing that it will always charge at the correct time on a nice cheap tariff.
I was looking at Octopus, as the regular tariff is cheaper than British Gas. The ultra cheap 4 hour overnight slot will easily do me, and charging from solar only over the weekend with the Zappi (if any installers actually get back to me) should mean almost free commuting! The £50 for thee and me is also a good motivator so I’ve just registered. Have a pint (or 10) on me?
And yes, I’ve given up on the app, life’s too short!
Cheers, Carl,

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was looking at Octopus, as the regular tariff is cheaper than British Gas. The ultra cheap 4 hour overnight slot will easily do me, and charging from solar only over the weekend with the Zappi (if any installers actually get back to me) should mean almost free commuting! The £50 for thee and me is also a good motivator so I’ve just registered. Have a pint (or 10) on me?
And yes, I’ve given up on the app, life’s too short!
Cheers, Carl,
When I bought mine lookers made a hash of the whole app thing. They wanted me to drive from Edinburgh back down to Carlisle so they could sort it, all the local dealers wanted £200 plus to set it up!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts