Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Receiving a 62 ntec this weekend.

I'll want to put my front and rear dashcams in.

My last car had a 12v socket front and rear, so I just used that, but the leaf just has a single 12v at the front, as far as I know.

So, I'm going to buy a couple of piggy back fuse kits, and wire them into the fuse box next to the glove box.

Which 2 fuses will allow the cameras to turn on when the car ignition is on, and turn off again when the car is off?

Anyone managed to make a tidy job of this?

Cheers,

Keith.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jonno, appreciated. I'll go with the forward camera on the 12v, and the back camera on a USB cable from the centre console in the short term, but I'll find a couple of wiring kits, and do it properly based on your photos. Thanks again. Cheers, Keith.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Car received this afternoon.

Very happy with it. Not actually gone any further than my cul-de-sac, as I hadn't sorted insurance for it until a couple of hours ago.

Got my front dashcam in tidily using the 12v.

The back one is in, using a 3m USB mini b cable from one of the rear USB points, but it looks messy, so I'll definitely be getting a fuse kit for it.

Cheers,

Keith.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.