Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Leaf 62 - which 2 fuses for dashcams?

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Keith Brown 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Receiving a 62 ntec this weekend.

I'll want to put my front and rear dashcams in.

My last car had a 12v socket front and rear, so I just used that, but the leaf just has a single 12v at the front, as far as I know.

So, I'm going to buy a couple of piggy back fuse kits, and wire them into the fuse box next to the glove box.

Which 2 fuses will allow the cameras to turn on when the car ignition is on, and turn off again when the car is off?

Anyone managed to make a tidy job of this?

Cheers,

Keith.

#2 ·
You can get doublers for the the 12v outlet. They're not very elegant but it's easily removed. Dash cam leads are usually miles long.

#4 ·
On my N-tec, there are two usb ports on the rear of the centre console. One is media and one is power only. My dashcam can either use a cig socket or with a standard usb-mini usb cable can plug into a usb socket. Does yours not have a detachable cable?

#6 · (Edited)
I hardwired my dashcam into the heater fan fuse. I think another option for a switched fuse would probably be heated seats or wipers. The wires then run under door seals and roof lining.

Plenty of videos on youtube to help I found.

Cheers

#10 ·
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Material property Electrical wiring
Electronic engineering Gas Technology Electronic component Electronic device
Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire

So mine is plugged into the fuse for blower motor 1. You might need to get some micro fuses as the adapter on mine used different sized fuses to Nissan. Be sure its the right rating. The second photo shows the the earth for the adapter. The cable fits nicely behind the door rubber and tucks in along the headlining. Obviously this is only a forward facing camera and you're fitting a rear facing camera also but I assume once you've sorted cable routing the wiring in should be the same.

Hope this is helpful?

Jonno

Attachments

#13 ·
Car received this afternoon.

Very happy with it. Not actually gone any further than my cul-de-sac, as I hadn't sorted insurance for it until a couple of hours ago.

Got my front dashcam in tidily using the 12v.

The back one is in, using a 3m USB mini b cable from one of the rear USB points, but it looks messy, so I'll definitely be getting a fuse kit for it.

Cheers,

Keith.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.