Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped the gun a bit when I bought my 40kWh Leaf to replace a crashed 30kWh. Prices for the Leaf+ were near list last year and I got a good/reasonable deal (£26,250) for a 40kWh Tekna so went ahead with that. My Brother phoned me today saying he'd put a deposit on a Leaf+ Tekna for £33,200 from a main dealer. Much better I thought but it would still cost me a packet to upgrade.

So I searched for better deals and found one for £29,884 from 360 Leasing. Tempting?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,929 Posts
Just done a quick check with carwow. It's listing the RRP as just under £40k but I have no idea whether that would include the paint option ( I chose metallic gun metal ) as I don't know whether CarWow are sensible and include the cost of all options chosen in the listed RRP. It has to be registered before end of March 2020 so I'd think there could be slippage issues with this unless Nissan have a ton of these sitting about.

Prices to pay are around £32k give or take a few quid either way. The PCP price mentions a scrappage offer in effect but I have no idea whether that's needed ie a car registered before 2012 to trade in.

Low 30Ks for the Leaf+ is a far more sensible price. Mid 20Ks for the 40 Tekna. Any other price is a micky take as I think Nissan are discovering.

·
Registered
Leaf e+ 62kwh https://share.octopus.energy/quiet-puma-274
700 Posts
Got mine a week ago, the gun metal option takes RRP to £39970, so just under luxury rd tax figure ?
After discounts Mine was £31500 + paint... They had one ready to go somewhere in the UK & I picked it up just over 2 weeks after ordering..
So far I'm really impressed with it, pretty rapid when needed, comfortable, just over 200 mile range for my usage with heater on in winter (hoping for 240 in summer) it's also got all the toys I'm ever likely to need..
The new app seems to work a bit better than older one too..

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I think there are two paint options you can get under 40k. Both flat.

It's silly, nice paint is effectively £2,500 because they won't reduce the list price to be closer to the actual price people pay.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,929 Posts
Carwow is showing RRP as £39970 with Gun Metal.

If I add up the price on Nissan's site with £570 paint (carwow's price for it) plus PICG it's just under £40k. They don't have a car configurator so there's no way of making sure without going to a dealer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've seen prices as low as £29600 + paint. All the basic metallic options keep the RRP below £40k. Reasonably tempting. Anyone got a spare £30k they can lend me?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Standard & metallic paints are just under the luxury rd tax band, it's the pearl ones that take it over so quite a few options.. or of course any other extras like park assist, protection pack etc etc they all take it over £40k ?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I think there are two paint options you can get under 40k. Both flat.

It's silly, nice paint is effectively £2,500 because they won't reduce the list price to be closer to the actual price people pay.
Flame Red is 'basic' price, Arctic White, Gunmetal or Black all come in at under £40k. But add any 'extras' to that and you're in the LCT bracket !

Incidentally, LCT is set at £320 for next year but I don't think it's guaranteed to stay at that. Whilst it might (as in "I might win the lottery next week" :ROFLMAO: ) go down, I'd say there was every chance of it going up.

It's an iniquitous tax. If you weren't bothered about it being an EV, you'd probably consider a Qashqai - rest of spec could be considered far superior to a Leaf - and one of them with fanciest colour and any extras you can think of still avoids LCT. Is that really incentivising EVs ?

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've seen prices as low as £29600 + paint. All the basic metallic options keep the RRP below £40k. Reasonably tempting. Anyone got a spare £30k they can lend me?
There's some cheap loans available if your credit rating is ok, that's what I did, saved over £2k compared to RCI interest over 3yrs...

·
Registered
Kona64
1,389 Posts
These comments are interesting as before just Christmas I had a very good lease quote on a 62+ but when I came to try to fix it down mid jan with a particular paint option, it had gone up by over £70 a month ‘ because Nissan were no longer offering support’ which I think means the bungs stopped at year end? (At least to the large co I was dealing with). The new price is way over my budget so it looks like a 40 instead. My sticking point is my employeer has shut their co car scheme so I am limited to those doing good no-deposit deals.

·
Registered
147 Posts
These comments are interesting as before just Christmas I had a very good lease quote on a 62+ but when I came to try to fix it down mid jan with a particular paint option, it had gone up by over £70 a month ‘ because Nissan were no longer offering support’ which I think means the bungs stopped at year end? (At least to the large co I was dealing with). The new price is way over my budget so it looks like a 40 instead. My sticking point is my employeer has shut their co car scheme so I am limited to those doing good no-deposit deals.
Nissan Leaf Lease - Select Car Leasing - any good for you?

·
Registered
Kona64
1,389 Posts
oh my word 24 months 10k a year, basic car, freebie red paint, no maint is showing £387(includes vat)

website is www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/car-leasing/nissan/leaf/hatchback/160kw-e-plus-tekna-62kwh-5dr-auto/ for those who want to go look.

There must be a good bung at the moment for just taking a car as the 3 + 4 years prices are higher.
Dear o dear ... waiting for an email back to see if they can do a nice price for with maint and only 1 month down only. The lease plan figure mid Jan I had started with a 5 ....

Reactions: Rei

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my 62kWh e+ in basic flame red from Smiths Nissan Peterborough at beginning of Feb 2020 for £31,908 (i.e. after the PICG of £3500). :)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The only other colour that doesn't cost £2000+ is white, but it's not the sparkly white just the normal one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts