Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Leaf 62kwh, really chuffed with it big step up from my Leaf 30kwh tekna

only issue I’ve experienced so far is the mirrors, sometimes only one will unfold,other occasions neither, anyone else had this...?..

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,390 Posts
The mirrors are flaky. Same as on the 40. I just leave them unfolded instead. They tend to get noisy anyway.

As it's such a new car I'd moan at Nissan to fix it. They really need to get something this basic right.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is a bit temperamental also. Dear I ask if you have tried the app yet?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
On my 40 if I have preheat on the drivers mirror doesn't unfold.
Absolutely fault free without pre heat. Press the button on and off and it operates. Will probably leave it until first service.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I've had no problems with my mirrors - but I've never needed to use 'preheat'.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I think that it is a continuation of the software bug on the 24 and 30s.

My post-May19 40 sometimes, after using pre-heat:
  • fails to unfold the passenger mirror (the driver's mirror is always good)
  • less frequently, fails to automatically release the handbrake

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Fortunately I didn't had any problems with mine in the whole 13k miles :)
Other than the infotainment randomly restart itself and needing to replace the tyres at 5k miles I can't complain about anything.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Also not had any issues with mirrors, regardless of pre-heat or not. Only 900 miles / 10 days in mind.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Fortunately I didn't had any problems with mine in the whole 13k miles :)
Other than the infotainment randomly restart itself and needing to replace the tyres at 5k miles I can't complain about anything.
Why new tyre at 5k? Shredded them with the power?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Why new tyre at 5k? Shredded them with the power?
When you try to get round a curve and the tyres start to go the other way, then it's time to get new ones. ;)
Still plenty of thread. The guy in the garage asked me why I was changing them. But the Dunlop's grip is just appalling. Good for Spain or Portugal but awful for the Scottish weather.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a usb in the 12v for a dash cam does the same with it in or out, or it did..... Last few days no issues at all.

But however when I go through the RFID detectors at shop fronts my key triggers the alarm.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I've got a usb in the 12v for a dash cam does the same with it in or out, or it did..... Last few days no issues at all.

But however when I go through the RFID detectors at shop fronts my key triggers the alarm.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That sounds like the dashcam is emitting parasite current through the power cable.
Try connecting a small capacitor between the +12V and ground to stop it.
Something like this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts