Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Leaf Apps confussion

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  John Kendrick 
#1 ·
I have just taken delivery of a used Leaf.... the car is great but I'd like to take advantage of using my phone to check and control features. The problem I have is that there are so many of them and I'm not sure which I should used.... looking for advice.

I have an iPhone and have so far found...Nissan Driver, Leaf NRG, EVA, NissanEV and one called Nissan Connect which is strange because it has a default null icon and a title of Mobile App and only announces itself as Nissan Connect once you launch it.

Any advice appreciated

#2 ·
NissanConnect EV is the one I believe? Had to research all this for my dad’s car for him.

EVA is a far better UI though. Nissan’s UI is pretty poor. They’re revamping it for the 2018 though it looks like.

NissanConnect EV by Nissan Europe NissanConnect EV on the App Store

#3 ·
Thanks... I agree EVA looks and feels a lot better... I'm currently using EVA and NissanConnect EV to see what differences there are. Cannot for the life of me figure out what Leaf NRG is or what it does. Nissan Driver is like an electronic user guide with an augmented video system.

#4 ·
Cannot for the life of me figure out what Leaf NRG is or what it does.
It's about fatigue management, nothing to do with Nissan cars! What made you think it was?
One app that many find useful is Leaf Spy (free if you have an Android phone.)

#5 ·
When you find an app in the App Store just check who made it

#7 · (Edited)
Cannot for the life of me figure out what Leaf NRG is or what it does
I'm sure it has something to do with the Leaf... looking at the icon and the details inside the app...
So what have you figured out it does now?
This is Leaf NRG's web site:
NRG: Products & Services
Absolutely nothing to do with Nissan or any other electric car, more to do with nuclear power installation safety. (OK, nuclear power may be used to charge a Nissan Leaf but that is just coincidental.) It isn't a range of home nuclear power chargers for electric car owners, not yet anyhow!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.