Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to this forum. In fact I'm new to the whole EV world!

I am seriously considering getting a Nissan Leaf as my next company car. I have test driven the 2013 model and I am satisfied that its range etc is adequate for my needs, plus I really liked the drive. I just need to establish how well it will work from a family car perspective, as it is quite a lot smaller than my VW Touran. I have three children (youngest is 7) so we don't have large pushchairs anymore, but we do still seem to take quite a lot with us!

I have read a lot about the Leaf, including how important aerodynamics are to EV's and would like to know what impact putting a roof box on the car would have in terms of range.

I'm only thinking of odd days out/short holidays, if within range, otherwise I plan to hire a car or do a swap with my sister for a few days. Obviously hire costs is something I would like to avoid if at all possible. Another thing is that I live near Gloucester, and so am in an ideal place to take advantage of the Ecotricity Electric Highway, so I am wondering if it would in fact be possible to use the Leaf for holidays?

Does anybody here have any experience with putting a roof box on a Leaf (or other EV) and its effect on range, and using it as their main car?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

Fred

1 - 1 of 1 Posts