Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The offical Nissan leaf kit.
image.jpg Well I've had the leaf for a couple of weeks now so thought it was time to start playing.

I've really missed the auto folding mirrors since owning the Juke not because I can't press a button but because I like the fact if the mirrors are folded I know it's locked! Hopefully I'll get it fitted at the weekend and report back. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
I assume that most of those looms are replacements with additional wiring rather than being completely additional? It would be interesting to see if the mod can be reverse engineered a lot cheaper. £100 seems pretty steep!

·
Registered
602 Posts
If @Gazjen is happy getting together all the info we need, that would be great. If not, perhaps we can get a small kitty together on the forum and I will happily buy one and do all the investigation followed by publishing my findings. I don't mind footing most of the bill, it's just a tad steep to do on my own. If a few people can chuck a tenner in, it would certainly help!

·
Registered
230 Posts
If @Gazjen is happy getting together all the info we need, that would be great. If not, perhaps we can get a small kitty together on the forum and I will happily buy one and do all the investigation followed by publishing my findings. I don't mind footing most of the bill, it's just a tad steep to do on my own. If a few people can chuck a tenner in, it would certainly help!
Count me in just let me know when/where you want payment

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've looked at it myself and by the time you've brought the plugs cable and the three relays your not going to be far off the purchase price and that's if you have the pin crimp tools already. I've spoken to Gyln Hopkins online store and they have agreed to a 5% discount for forum members. I know it's not a lot but it helps. Also I figure if something goes wrong later down the line they can't blame the kit as it's official Nissan.

I will upload the instructions but in a nut shell it's just the drivers door card has to come off then it's basically plug and play apart from one pin having to be removed and refitted from the mirror switch to the new module then from the module to the existing switch.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after spending the afternoon trying to fit this kit I'm pretty sure its only suitable for a Gen 1 Leaf. there is a pin that has to be removed from a connector and inserted into the one in the kit, once the pin was pushed out it was completely different to the supplied pin also the connector in the diagram has 4 wires where as mine has 3. I shall be emailing them to ask the question.

How can I upload the PDF? I think its too large for the forum at 2.5mb

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Auto mirror kit is fitted :) not quite as simple as it should have been but it appears the gen 1 and 2 differ a little wiring wise.

Anyway it works, when you lock it they fold in and they unfold when you press the start button.

If anyone fancies the kit and needs a hand I'll help, I'm in Nottinghamshire. I've also discovered the stickiest substance known to man, the stuff they stick the plastic bag type door seal on with that sits behind the door card.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts