Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
My Leaf lost one bar about 6 months ago.
The lowest SOH was 79% so close to loose another bar. I've changed job recently and do longer journeys.
My battery increased to 82%
Just wondering if it's possible to get it up to 86% and get the bar back.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
SOH tends to increase slightly over winter, and also if you've been using rapids more frequently - though the increase after rapid use tends to be short lived.
I'd be surprised if you could increase to 86%, but you'd have to maintain that level for a while to get the bar back (and it wouldn't surprise me if the increase threshold is actually higher. Certainly, when charging the car, the charge bars reappear at higher % than they disappear - I've never heard of anyone regaining a charge bar from regen, though you can regain a % point on the display).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hi @dariusz what age and mileage is the car? Just trying to get a handle on if your deterioration was typically.
Some unscrupulous sellers have done tricks to get the bars back but it’s short term and the battery doesn’t actually get better. Unless it was “dormant”. Plus some tricks to get the bar back actually age the battery more so 3mth later you will be worse off then if you had done nothing.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I found my battery SOH increase after the car adapted to my 60mile commute. Could be the computer just predicting better results tho. Like when GOM says 104 miles after a slow drive the previous day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts