Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Anyone leasing battery in there LEAF?

If so could you share with me your excess mileage cost.

Cheers

·
Registered
295 Posts
So I think there are 2 parts to this. The excess mileage on the actual 'car' and then the excess mileage on the 'battery' itself.

So my car excess mileage is £.10 per mile ( inc VAT )
So my battery excess mileage is £0.08 for every 60 miles or part thereof

Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I'm in the same boat as IanT and I think they are standard charges. With our trade-in and the price I was paying for diesel it worked out to be a no-brainer doing it this way compared to buying the whole thing... and I'll swap or trade it in at the end.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all, so this is my story,

I bought the car outright with a work incentive, so I only lease my battery with Nissan. So if I do 10000 miles over my contract it's only £13.00?????

10000 / 60 x £0.08 = £13.00? Can that be right????? Seems so cheap!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
seems about right. The RCI finance contract for my PCP agreement states an excess mileage charge of 1 pence per mile. If I went 20k over my mileage allowance (which is looking increasingly likely as I've already done over 6k in 2 months) it'll cost my company 200 quid.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That's for your battery excess? Then there is the excess on the actually car which is for me 10p per mile. So if I went 20k over mileage ( not planning to do ) the car excess would be £2,000

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
My car has a higher mileage than the battery, as I thought I SHOULD keep inside the limits, but if I go over I'd rather only pay one lot of excesses, which are incredibly cheap really.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is this via RCI finance? The only reason I ask is my paperwork is different and so just thought your deal might be via a different company, etc

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I don't know if it's because I bought ex demo? Or if they've adjusted the excess to account for the negligible wear and tear?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts