Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Leaf beeps 75 times (and all 3 lights flash) when I connect my charging cable

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Hilltop Dave 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Having done 56,000 problem free miles, now when I connect my PodPoint home charger to the Leaf it beeps 3 short beeps, a total of 25 times (beep beep beep, x 25) i.e. a total of 75 beeps. Each set of 3 beeps has all 3 lights flashing It has never done this before, and I can't see this code in the manual.

Does anyone know what this means?

Many thanks,

Warwick Boy

#2 ·
Hi guys,

Having done 56,000 problem free miles, now when I connect my PodPoint home charger to the Leaf it beeps 3 short beeps, a total of 25 times (beep beep beep, x 25) i.e. a total of 75 beeps. Each set of 3 beeps has all 3 lights flashing It has never done this before, and I can't see this code in the manual.

Does anyone know what this means?

Many thanks,

Warwick Boy
Other 3kW chargers working ok?

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks guys. The 12v battery we assume is OK as radio/wipers/lights and other car features work OK. We had noticed that the Type 1 connector slip (shown) was not popping into place when we connect the Leaf to the PodPoint. When we ensure it clicks in the beeps no longer happen.

Thank you Leaf for making a real noise to show something was wrong :)

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Eyewear

#6 ·
Thanks guys. The 12v battery we assume is OK as radio/wipers/lights and other car features work OK. We had noticed that the Type 1 connector slip (shown) was not popping into place when we connect the Leaf to the PodPoint. When we ensure it clicks in the beeps no longer happen.

Thank you Leaf for making a real noise to show something was wrong :)

View attachment 149093
Well spotted.

Yes if the trigger button doesn't release properly the car will complain as there is a switch in the trigger that the car reads, and the car is expecting you to unplug the connector if the trigger is being held down.

I would be checking why the connector is not sitting in place well - are you having to push the plug in unusually forcefully to get the trigger to sit correctly ?

#5 ·
Try a different charger like a public charger to quickly rule out the car itself.

Could be a problem with the control pilot signal from the Pointpoint - either due to a broken wire in the cable or a fault in the unit itself.

A faulty podpoint or cable is more likely than a faulty Leaf.

#7 · (Edited)
Use a torch to check for a loose / moved O-Ring in the plug or socket, if nothing then the hook/latch on the plug may be slightly bent (from contact with the floor?) so is not latching. Look carefully at it,as most type 1 latches are plastic, a file may be all that's needed to make it latch properly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.