Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it’s happening, my 62kw lead is turning up next Monday. I’ve got a podpoint installed and hopefully Octopus go installed next Friday, any tips for anything else I need to do to prepare ?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Increase tyre pressure to 40PSI
Get a set of mats unless you managed to get the dealer to offer you some
Get a bottle of Carplan +1, costs around £10 and will help to keep the dirt off the bodywork ;)
Get used to charge at 20% and up to 85%
Enjoy it ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No mats?? It’s a Leaseplan car and they usually add their own so fingers crossed

Why the 40PSI ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
36 is the same for the Zoe and that's a much lighter car. It's definitely too low. That was better on 38 as well. I'd think 40 psi is more sensible for the 60 as it's much heavier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the 40 psi a cold or running figure? My leaf starts at 35 most mornings and gets to 38-39 after my 30 minute commute.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
@Leaf62kw How is the car ?!
And a Q: Do you have to padlock on the type2 socket onto the car, or does it now mag-lock onto the car when you lock the car doors ? A Leaf24 I had for a day came with a small but long-neck padlock .......

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Is the 40 psi a cold or running figure? My leaf starts at 35 most mornings and gets to 38-39 after my 30 minute commute.
40PSI from cold, in winter you would see it raise to 42 (depending road and driving conditions) but that is not a problem.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
@Leaf62kw How is the car ?!
And a Q: Do you have to padlock on the type2 socket onto the car, or does it now mag-lock onto the car when you lock the car doors ? A Leaf24 I had for a day came with a small but long-neck padlock .......
Padlock to the car?? You mean like Mr Bean door lock? :p
Type 2 socket in the car will lock the plug until you release it either from inside or the flap open button on the remote. It should lock as soon you plug it in.
The 24 and 30 would need you to lock the plug for the type 1 plug. This is no longer required for type 2 plugs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The eagle has landed !

Love the e-pedal, I presume the eco button just restricts your acceleration a bit which is awesome when the eco isn’t turned on.

Been out for a few drives so far and tried charging which was a doddle

Now which app should I download ? Reviews for Nissan apps look pretty horrendous so are any worthwhile ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quick Leaf and My Leaf are supposed to be good. That said, they all use. He same servers as far as I'm aware, so if the nissan one isn't working it's likely the others won't either.

Not sure if that's the case with the new app or for pre 2019.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First impression of the cameras isn’t great, it’s raining today so all are blurred as unusable

Otherwise the car is great, loving the smooth ride and feels like I’m saving money every mile I drive

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
First congrats on the new beast :)

the MyLeaf doesn't work on mine so don't be surprised. Not sure is designed for the post May 19 cars.
The all round cameras will need frequent cleaning.
The e-pedal is fabulous yes ;)
B and eco modes are good until you get used to the extra power you will get.
Once you get used to it eco can be turned off. :cool:
play attention to the extra accelerator. when you press the pedal down you still have a little bit to go. that extra bit will give you almost full power.
To get the whole 217 BHP you need to turn all the eco bit off. e-pedal and eco mode and have the D mode on. But then unless you're a rally driver you will struggle to handle it :)

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have the last 9200 miles on mine.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts