Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
What Sort of miles per kWh should we be getting ? Currently our average so far is 2.6, does that sound reasonable ?

First 50 miles had some fun with eco off so would that affect it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Now which app should I download ? Reviews for Nissan apps look pretty horrendous so are any worthwhile ?
The 2019 Leafs use a newer app, the older apps such as Carwings and Nissan Connect EV aren't compatible.. The one you need is NissanConnect Services - Apps on Google Play

Quick Leaf and My Leaf are supposed to be good.
Are they designed for the 2019 models? If not I doubt they'll work. *
Leaf Spy on the other hand is useful and works with all Leafs (an OBDII dongle is required, see the app author's info for his dongle recommendations as some won't work.)

* Just checked the details of those - they don't support Leafs sold after May 2019.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The 2019 Leafs use a newer app, the older apps such as Carwings aren't compatible

Are they designed for the 2019 models? If not I doubt they'll work.
Leaf Spy on the other hand is useful and works with all Leafs (an OBDII dongle is rquired, see the app author's info for his dongle recommendations as some won't work.)
Ah yeah just had a look on the details in play store. Neither work for cars post May 2019.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I downloaded the Nissan connected services app and it’s worked fine so far ( touch wood!).

Unfortunately a tree fell on the car so it’s now in for bodywork repairs, got to be some irony in a tree failing on a leaf

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
An hour after the tree fell in it a nail got embedded in the tyre, hopefully that’s e bad luck out of the way!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
You couldn't make it up!

·
Registered
136 Posts
First impression of the cameras isn’t great, it’s raining today so all are blurred as unusable
Its really only the back one that gets cruddy quickly - just keep a cloth in the car and give it a quick wipe before you start or if you are a barbarian like me just run your finger over it, its usually clean rainwater anyway...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Its really only the back one that gets cruddy quickly - just keep a cloth in the car and give it a quick wipe before you start or if you are a barbarian like me just run your finger over it, its usually clean rainwater anyway...
Takes me 20 sec to go around with one of those cheap mircofibre cloth to wipe all 50 cameras :p

·
Registered
305 Posts
Now that is bad luck Leaf62kw. I think I'd hold off a while before walking the dog if I were you. With your luck just now I think a tree might p*ss on it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hope you continue to enjoy your new car. Does the 62 have any battery cooling system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
What Sort of miles per kWh should we be getting ? Currently our average so far is 2.6, does that sound reasonable ?

First 50 miles had some fun with eco off so would that affect it ?

I have had mine since early December and its showing about 1500 miles. Current average I’d 3.1 miles per kw.
The weather has been either very cold or wet and windy. Mostly motorway driving.
The pre heating is brilliant on cold mornings!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks John, I was averaging 2.5 for the three days before it went in for the bodywork to be done, hoping to see that improve when we get it back

Usually driving country lanes back and fore to town so i thought we’d have been much higher, perhaps we’ll learn to improve

·
Registered
9 Posts
To give you reassurance, watch the Carwow video on you tube. It’s title is - We drove these electric cars until they died.
The leaf acquitted itself quite well

21 - 38 of 38 Posts