Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for all the advice. Interestingly, the NAPIT cert for the installation arrived at the weekend, with the incorrect address on it! Makes me wonder if the installer was competent.

To answer some of the points above -
Haven't had the house installation checked since wired 18 years ago, though any work done since then has always been by qualified electricians
The lights didn't flicker before this happened, and the charger has been working properly since installed before Christmas

Interestingly, when I switched the charger back on on Sunday to see what happened, the app said we had 36kW charge and so charged the car to 40 and switched off. But, the car actually had 20% when it switched off, according to the car itself. Definitely something going on with the app/ charger.

EO say they'll be in touch today, so we'll see.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
UPDATE
EO have offered to replace the unit, which is a relief. They've dealt with this well since I contacted them on Saturday, so thought I should give praise where it's due.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
UPDATE
EO have offered to replace the unit, which is a relief. They've dealt with this well since I contacted them on Saturday, so thought I should give praise where it's due.
But you did say in your OP that
EO have ignored our pleas to come and fix this.
so they aren't very shiny.

Just don't let the electrician who changes it go until you've plugged the car in and got a successful charge started. You had the green light thing before the failure, so it's possible there is a problem with the supply too.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts