Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on the track at Millbrook I noticed something very odd, you can't engage cruise control above 90mph. Once engaged, you can nudge it up to 91mph, but that's it. I can sort of see why this has been done, but I don't think I've encountered a cruise control limit on a car like this before. How does it compare to other EV's?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ON another thread, Edd, I noticed that you stated that you have never managed 75 miles from a single charge in your Leaf. Have you ever wondered why? :cool:
Are you suggesting the two things are related?? :eek:

Registered
It's not just the cruise control speed that's capped at 90mph, the maximum speed of the car is capped at 90! Makes sense that the cruise control doesn't go above that speed, I guess...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not just the cruise control speed that's capped at 90mph, the maximum speed of the car is capped at 90! Makes sense that the cruise control doesn't go above that speed, I guess...
The indicated speed goes up to at least 103, GPS speed of about 93. But maybe you've got it...

Registered
Except that the cruise control sets the indicated speed not actual....

I can't say I've ever tried this particular experiment..a little less perhaps. I have at times tried to go lower than 24... which isn't possible either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts