Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

Just a quick question about fitting front and rear dash cam on my leaf, I was quoted by Nissan dealership £65 for them to fit it, however I have seen lots of videos on Youtube that its just a matter of tucking the wire into the roof lining etc.

Is there any benefit from Nissan doing it, I was initially imagining they know how to correctly remove the interior panels and refit them, and how to safely transverse the airbags in the side, however I'm beginning to wonder if they will just get the young apprentice to basically just poke the wire into the lining that I could have done myself!

Anyone paid to have their dealership fit one and was it any better than doing it yourself?

·
Registered
149 Posts
My mate and I fit them and then spliced into the fuse box by the passenger door.
Not a long job but take your time and carefully remove the. top panels the one for the boot was easy we then fed through the wiring loom and around the hole. tidied up and made sure it was working before and after fitting.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it today! Wow it was easy saved myself £65!!! Actually surprised myself worth how neat I made it look and took the trim off to get the rear camera on.

I tucked the wires along the passenger side pillar then down the seal.

Is there any concern about the airbag not inflating or whipping the wire onto a passenger as it inflates?

·
Registered
149 Posts
no, it breaks the plastic, the wire will be well away. if you look at some airbags you can see where they will break as there is a line.

Forgot to say well done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts