Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found the LEAF drivers seat uncomfortable? The sides dig into my thighs, specifically on the right.

Pretty much exactly what the author of this post says: Drivers seat comfort

I'm wondering if there's anything anyone has done to modify the seat, whether a cushion or cover, or even had the seat altered by an upholsterer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I've no issue with my Tekna seat (leather) other than the fact the outer bolster on the seat pad is showing early signs of the foam collapsing after 6 months. I will be raising it at service as a warranty issue, after 3 years the seat is going to look very sorry for itself otherwise.

for what its worth, i'm 6'1", 210 lbs and 34" waist, 31" inside leg.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone found the LEAF drivers seat uncomfortable? The sides dig into my thighs, specifically on the right.

Pretty much exactly what the author of this post says: Drivers seat comfort

I'm wondering if there's anything anyone has done to modify the seat, whether a cushion or cover, or even had the seat altered by an upholsterer?

Thanks.
I know this is an old thread but have you managed to find a solution for it? I’ve got my leaf now for a few weeks and I have the same problem that I get a pain in the right leg/hip. I am 6’1. My wife who is shorter does not complain. I am currently using a seat cushion as even a trip of 20-30 min hurts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, yes eventually I found comfort by using a seat cover. Bought about five different ones so I could choose the one that worked best for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks. I am currently using a travel seat cushion. Not ideal as it feels a bit odd but at least I don’t get the pain. Might need to look out for something better that doesn’t move around so much.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes, always ended up with hip problems in my 30 kWh. I used a wedge cushion in the end this one.

..for me the problem seemed to be the way the seat base angled back putting a strain on my hip. A wedge cushion levelled it out. My new car has adjustment on that angle and the same happens if I have it with the front high angling back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts