Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Oh that bit is unfortunately still an issue. The farfetched part was about staying at friends without a charge option. That can happen only if they live in some high rise (e.g. not in the house) or a house without any free parking to use granny's plug. One would presumably know about the predicament and plan better as one should anyway.
The amount of rapid chargers in the UK is not adequate, but it is not that awful either with some basic planning. With 200 miles range finding a charger enroute is just not that of a problem.
I know a lot of people who live in terrace houses without a driveway. I don't want to lay the cable over the pavement.

I agree about the rapid situation, especially with CAHdeMO. It seems to be a lot more reliable than CCS. Some some poor bloke calling Ecotricity to get his Ioniq working on CCS the other day, and when I came back he had gone so presumably gave up. CHAdeMO has never let me down.

Hopefully the 150kW CAHdeMO chargers, if they ever come, will be just as reliable. But now I'm wondering what they would do to the battery. Really need Bjorn to test one.

Why is this car so expensive too? Considering how old the platform is, and it's basically the same as the 40 but with a different battery, just shy of £40k is a bit much. Actually it's a lot much. The MG is literally half the price at the moment...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I know a lot of people who live in terrace houses without a driveway. I don't want to lay the cable over the pavement.

I agree about the rapid situation, especially with CAHdeMO. It seems to be a lot more reliable than CCS. Some some poor bloke calling Ecotricity to get his Ioniq working on CCS the other day, and when I came back he had gone so presumably gave up. CHAdeMO has never let me down.

Hopefully the 150kW CAHdeMO chargers, if they ever come, will be just as reliable. But now I'm wondering what they would do to the battery. Really need Bjorn to test one.

Why is this car so expensive too? Considering how old the platform is, and it's basically the same as the 40 but with a different battery, just shy of £40k is a bit much. Actually it's a lot much. The MG is literally half the price at the moment...
Correction.
the model stated in the thread is just over £40k because is the limited edition.
The Teckna e+ is the one under 40k because of the tax.
But the LE comes with all the trimmings while the MG you will have to pay for the extras.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It looks like the new Ioniq is stuck on 40kW for charging too. It tapers really badly, down to 35kW at 50%!

Down to 15kW at 75%. Apparently the Kona is the same as it has the same battery.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It looks like the new Ioniq is stuck on 40kW for charging too. It tapers really badly, down to 35kW at 50%!

Down to 15kW at 75%. Apparently the Kona is the same as it has the same battery.

To be clear it's the same as the Kona with the smaller battery, not the bigger one

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Next accessories:
space saving spare wheel. :) :cool:

or

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree his run was disappointing. He didn’t have great luck with the Norway Chademos. Given that Norway still sells north of 500 Leafs (and outlanders) a month, you would think he would have better options.

This test was mainly done in Sweden and only the first chademo had issues, Bjorn did everything he could to help cool the battery,
but simply the long range 62kwh Leaf can't do long range!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Major update :D:D:D :cool:

So last Thursday I went to Nissan at Dunfermline..

and...

I...

was shown my new baby :p
even was able to give it a cuddle :D

I want to give credit to the 30kw that have been serving me perfectly. Except for the Lancia HF turbo I used during my rally days and the formula Ford I used for my track racing many moons ago this has been the best car I ever had.
I'm sure someone soon will be enjoying it as much as I did so far.
Loan approved and, all going well, will be getting the new car sometime next week :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
TAADAAA!!! :D

here we have, the very first Limited Edition Nissan Leaf 62kw confirmed by Nissan UK and got a compliment when I called costumer service to register it in the app :cool:

You will notice the blue line in the front. :)
First impression on a 50 miles trip iis that is nothing short of brilliant.
Love the ProPilot and the e-pedal is fabulous.
Well worth the wait ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice Premier Inn, seriously though, it’s looks grand, I hope you really enjoy it and it puts a simile on you face every time you drive it. You will find yourself inventing trips out you didn’t know possible.

PS. Like the colour as well!

·
Registered
79 Posts
TAADAAA!!! :D

here we have, the very first Limited Edition Nissan Leaf 62kw confirmed by Nissan UK and got a compliment when I called costumer service to register it in the app :cool:

You will notice the blue line in the front. :)
First impression on a 50 miles trip iis that is nothing short of brilliant.
Love the ProPilot and the e-pedal is fabulous.
Well worth the wait ;)

View attachment 123320
Congrats! I am loving my e+ :) A very excellent car! The blue line under bumber is on all e+ models by the way, but I am genuinely wondering what is there in Limited Edition that is limited?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Yes, tell us about the extras on the Limited Edition please.
I can't compare LE with other than I can read in Nissan's website and comparing to the 30kw which would be comparing potatoes with clay bricks :p

What I noticed in these couple days:
The e+ sign on the charging port.
Lifetime paintwork protection product (I don't remember the name of it)
Full Suparguard kit for both exteriror, interior and the leather kit
the blue trim on the front, as I understand it, this is a feature for the LE while the others have just the rear one
Lifetime maps update
lifetime for additional services like weather etc.
The 8" screen was adopted to the teckna so it doesn't count.
What they call the memory e-pedal, the car will remember last setting and ifi I stop the car in e-pedal mode it will stay in e-pedal mode.
Blind spot warning on wing mirrors (not sure it comes on the teckna)
The menu takes almost 2 days to go around it. So I still have no idea what most of the stuff I can get.

And the most important, that I have one of the few cars in the UK for the limited edition.
You may question why I would spend more than the teckna just for that but isn't a matter of why, is a matter of because I can :p and my personal motto, "why not?"

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Almost forgot..

Replaced the type 1 plug with a new type 2 one.
I decided to consider all advice everyone has given me about how to fit the contacts to the cable.
Then I decided to ignore it :p and soldered the cable to the contacts, used my wee blow torch and the soldering iron, the cleaning paste and soldering alloy.
It worked perfectly, passed the conductivity test, less than 0.1 Ohm (resistor unit for those not aware of it :))
So now my home charger is in perfect working order with a type 2 plug and for less than £75 including labour :) and only the old plug as waste.

·
Super Moderator
11,151 Posts
and soldered the cable to the contacts,
Not a good idea. Of course it is your car and you can do what you want. On the other hand it might be your fire too :)

I hope you at least used paste for electronics soldering and not plumbing. < eek >

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Not a good idea. Of course it is your car and you can do what you want. On the other hand it might be your fire too :)

I hope you at least used paste for electronics soldering and not plumbing. < eek >
What kind of electrical engineer you think I am :p of course was electronic paste and electronic alloy thingy :p. because there is an additional safety switch that I added to it I won't have a problem ;)
I would have been reversing it to mechanical fixing if the resistance test would have been less than very good. :cool:

81 - 100 of 189 Posts