Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to collect ex demo 62kW next week, & PodPoint 7kW smart charger installation booked a few days after.
1st full EV for me, but used wife's Yaris hybrid over last few years. Test drove eNiro, ID3 & Citroen eC4 before the Leaf.
Enjoyed all of the ev's, but best compromise on range, size, equipment & price made Leaf a no-brainer for us.
Looking forward to living with it, & picking up experienced users' wisdom here as we

·
Registered
4 Posts
We get our Leaf Tuesday. Excited! Been doing a lot of reading and there are some fantastic people who share making life a little easier. Never owned an electric before and only test drove a few over the past month. Have a long journey planned in the next few months - it’s a little scary but I’m sure it will be fine.
I’ve got a folder on my phone full of apps and ordered a few top up cards to leave in the glove box.
Only 2 more sleeps 🙂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We get our Leaf Tuesday. Excited! Been doing a lot of reading and there are some fantastic people who share making life a little easier. Never owned an electric before and only test drove a few over the past month. Have a long journey planned in the next few months - it’s a little scary but I’m sure it will be fine.
I’ve got a folder on my phone full of apps and ordered a few top up cards to leave in the glove box.
Only 2 more sleeps 🙂
Good luck with your car & maiden voyage!:)(y)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like we have a Leaf cluster :cool:

Monday week for me, probably (dealer not 100% on date for some reason). Not only first EV but first ever new car.

Have a longish journey a few days later so in at the deep end there. I see this as an adventure...think the rest of the family will see it that way too :D

Kind regards
- Garry

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,984 Posts
Good to see more soon to be Leaf owners on here and well done for supporting Nissan's UK workforce.

I've been offered an upgrade in September from my pre registered 9k miles N-Tec for a new Tekna E+ as the dealer cannot get hold of enough pre owned Leafs.

On long journeys (>200m for an E+) charge to 100% at home, use Zapmap or CPS if in or heading to Scotland, to locate a selection of chargers around mid way, remembering that you won't be charging to more than 90% (above which the charging rate drops rapidly).

You won't regret your choice of EV.

Page 5 of my ownership experience:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like we have a Leaf cluster :cool:

Monday week for me, probably (dealer not 100% on date for some reason). Not only first EV but first ever new car.

Have a longish journey a few days later so in at the deep end there. I see this as an adventure...think the rest of the family will see it that way too :D

Kind regards
- Garry
My pickup date is 22/7 too, & we're off on holiday Saturday after - snap!
Hopefully PodPoint will be done Friday (day before we head off) to charge overnight ready. Deep end, as you say - but useful to get familiar with the car asap.;):p

·
Registered
83 Posts
My pickup date is 22/7 too, & we're off on holiday Saturday after - snap!
Hopefully PodPoint will be done Friday (day before we head off) to charge overnight ready. Deep end, as you say - but useful to get familiar with the car asap.;):p
I won't have a home charger for a while, so will be using the granny supplemented by nearby public fast and rapid chargers. I plan to try the public chargers ASAP even if I don't need to, just for some practice before it really matters.

Kind regards
- Garry

·
Registered
83 Posts
My n-tec is also gun metal grey and it's a great colour - not too dark and clearly a metallic.
I didn't have a strong colour preference but I'm happy with it. Seems to go well with the black bits.

Did you decide to upgrade or are you still thinking about it?

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,984 Posts
I didn't have a strong colour preference but I'm happy with it. Seems to go well with the black bits.

Did you decide to upgrade or are you still thinking about it?
I'm visiting the dealers on friday and will decide then and if the figures they quoted over the phone are honoured.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which specs did you go for @PearlBlack and @Phillipkebab ? Mine's an E+ N-Connecta in Gun Metal Gray.
Mine is 160kW e+ 3.Zero 62kWh. Spec is basically as Connecta, but with Bose sound system & leather/suede seats.
All very futuristic compared with my present 2011 Ceed auto estate diesel. (Will miss the 500 mile range of the Kia, though!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is 160kW e+ 3.Zero 62kWh. Spec is basically as Connecta, but with Bose sound system & leather/suede seats.
All very futuristic compared with my present 2011 Ceed auto estate diesel. (Will miss the 500 mile range of the Kia, though!)
I’ve recently got an ev, a Skoda Enyaq, trust me unless you regularly (and I mean daily or weekly) need to go 500 miles in one hit then the whole range thing is a red herring. I just drive around regularly doing over 100 miles in a day, and don’t even think about it now. I have only needed to use my home charger so far. A Leaf like yours is going to be just the same.
The home charger is your own personal petrol station.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,984 Posts
I’ve recently got an ev, a Skoda Enyaq, trust me unless you regularly (and I mean daily or weekly) need to go 500 miles in one hit then the whole range thing is a red herring. I just drive around regularly doing over 100 miles in a day, and don’t even think about it now. I have only needed to use my home charger so far. A Leaf like yours is going to be just the same.
The home charger is your own personal petrol station.
Not many of us can do 500miles in one hit and nor can your Enyaq: we need to top up, loo and food break!

My longest journey is a regularr 250miles each way trip and I have a choice of a BP 150kw charger on the M8, or right next door to it, a free 50kw charger at the councils park & ride (not 100% reliable).

If I were to charge to 90% at this point, (charging only drops below 20kw above 90% on my Leaf) I could drive a total of 300miles. or close to 400 if I drove further before doing the top up. (and had a destination charger)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which specs did you go for @PearlBlack and @Phillipkebab ? Mine's an E+ N-Connecta in Gun Metal Gray.
We went for Tekna but 40kw version. It was only available in Gun Metal Grey.
First EV, first ever new car and first ever lease.
Going on holiday to north Wales in a few weeks. Campsite don’t have any EV chargers and there are only 2 charging point for miles around. Getting a little stressed but seeing it as an adventure!

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,984 Posts
We went for Tekna but 40kw version. It was only available in Gun Metal Grey.
First EV, first ever new car and first ever lease.
Going on holiday to north Wales in a few weeks. Campsite don’t have any EV chargers and there are only 2 charging point for miles around. Getting a little stressed but seeing it as an adventure!
Might be worth making yourself, or buying from Amazon, a Commando (the round blue plugs) to 13amp socket so you can use the granny charger but do monitor the plug and socket regularly. if it gets anymore than slightly warm, don't leave it on overnight.

·
Registered
300 Posts
3.Zero is 100% Tekna spec ( originally was priced slightly higher than the Tekna)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Funnily enough, also coming from a Ceed estate. A petrol in my case. I will miss the slightly larger boot and roof rails but not the real world 35mpg.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the new Leaf 62 owners, great to see. We like ours very much (we own two) and think they're lovely cars. Managed some long trips in them too. Enjoy ownership!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts