Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this isnt the biggest issue on the forum what with rapidgate, servicing cost and that strange clunking drive shaft issue but hopefully it'll be a nice distraction.

So took delivery of my Leaf e+ Tekna friday. Its Magnetic Red, the old 40Kwh one it replaced was black. Happy so far.

When reversing you get the nice top down 360 degree birds eye camera view which is quite neat.
On the old car the car colour in the centre matched the colour of its body work. 馃憣
The image on the new one is... white....so, not quite so neat...
Anyone know how to change this or is it a factory selection cock up?

Also why does the rear view mirror now have a rear camera display mode? What extra does that acheive?

Registered
Nothing to do with o/p's question, but maybe of interest: Ebay 'My Garage' puts pictures of my cars in the correct colour on screen from their reg no. How clever is that?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems its called Intelligent Around View Monitor or I-AVM. The below is pretty much what i get.

Super Moderator
Hmmm...statement or question? Either way ...er...yes, ....if you like. (.... Shuffles away nervously)
He means, if there鈥檚 someone tall in the back of the car (or lots of cargo) you can still see what鈥檚 behind you, thanks to the camera.

Reactions: modo

Zoe Devotee
He means, if there鈥檚 someone tall in the back of the car (or lots of cargo) you can still see what鈥檚 behind you, thanks to the camera.

Oops was that some casual sexism there? That other member was accused of recently. :ROFLMAO:

Nothing to see, walking away now.

Super Moderator
Oops was that some casual sexism there? That other member was accused of recently. :ROFLMAO:

Nothing to see, walking away now.
Yes. None of us are perfect, but some of us are mature enough to admit when we make a mistake.
And I think you mean ex-member.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah. A reference to the rear view mirror query rather than AVM. (Shuffles innocuously back..) Ok, i guess its a fair reason. Found it on a Nissan Armada on youtube.

Seems an expensive way of doing it. You already have the centre console camera they "could" have allowed to operate with a simple sw change. This happens automatically when reversing, which is when you need it most i would suggest, the centre console automatically switches to the rear camera.

Just wondering why they spent money on this rather than say replacing the aircooling on the BMS with something more effective.

Dont get me wrong i like gadgets but id rather they spent the money integrating the cameras into a dash cam like facility so people dont have their windows smashed when low life try to steal it. (Deep breaths.. deep breaths.....calm blue ocean ...calm blue ocean...)

Registered
The other advantage is that you don't have to keep adjusting the mirror when you change driver or when your joints are all compressed at the end of the day.

Zoe Devotee
Yes. None of us are perfect, but some of us are mature enough to admit when we make a mistake.
And I think you mean ex-member.
Only took you 8 hours to muster the ability to say sorry. :ROFLMAO:

Your ban hammer must have clipped an innocent as it seems the person you "banned" isn't and posting in the last 6 hours.

Super Moderator
Only took you 8 hours to muster the ability to say sorry. :ROFLMAO:

Your ban hammer must have clipped an innocent as it seems the person you "banned" isn't and posting in the last 6 hours.
OK then please report the offending posts because I don't know who you're talking about.

Oddly enough I was sleeping in between the time Rei posted and I apologised. If you want all moderators live 24 hours a day then you'll need to start up your own website that offers that service. In the mean time, give it a rest.

Super Moderator
My daughter asked how it got a picture from so high up.

I said that as soon as you select R, it launches a drone from the spoiler ...

It took a couple of seconds before she told me that I was an idiot.
I can't find it now, but I'm sure there was a concept of this a year or so back.

Or maybe I'm thinking of Blade Runner 2049 :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My daughter asked how it got a picture from so high up.

I said that as soon as you select R, it launches a drone from the spoiler ...

It took a couple of seconds before she told me that I was an idiot.
Hmmm... actually I had a similar situation with my G Daughter... spoilt only by the fact that the car was a different colour!.....so i must admit it probably was white on my original car after all, just became blind to it over the years until i changed the car. (..avoids eye contact...)

Still, surely it can't be difficult to get the right colour. 2 minutes in photoshop with a suitable pantone palette.
Would make all the difference. Anybody got any clout with Nissan?

Anyway, on that basis this thread is probably finished although as a result i am now able to look through peoples heads. So many thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts