Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my Gen 1 Leaf and Carwings I used to get an email to advise when a charge had completed or disconnected. My 2016 Acenta doesn't get these messages with the new Nissan Connect system even though the 'app' is set up for them to be sent.
I thought perhaps I'd not ticked something somewhere so had an online chat with Nissan who have advised, 'This feature hasn't been made functional yet.'
Given it's in the 'app' I find that somewhat surprising. Seems simple enough, they've done it before!
Do others get end of charge notifications with Nissan Connect? If so what I've been told is wrong. If no one does, it's time they sorted this out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2016 tekna and I get end of charge notifications from the app, but not the email, do you specifically ask about emails?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Have you selected to receive notifications from the settings in the car and also by logging in through the website?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I don't get emails either. I did with my Gen 1.
I thought it was just me and couldn't be bothered hassling Nissan!
Enabled everything I can see including in the car and the app.
I just checked the app and noticed there's also an SMS option. I wonder if that works.
There's no obvious option on the website.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have email on via the app for charge stop and climate control on and I've also set the Email notifications to on via the car.
ZE Blue button-Settings-Email notifications.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
The emails have zero useful content anyway.

What they could tell you, which would be useful:

Charging has stopped
Charging started at YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
Charging stopped at YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
Charging duration: HH:MM:SS
State of charge before: x%
State of charge afterwards: y%
Energy drawn: z kWh
Charging connector used: Chademo/AC

I'm pretty sure that Nissan get this data via telemetry anyway.
Knowing the state of charge at end of the charge session would give you peace of mind, especially if you've plugged into a public charge point that you don't trust to work reliably.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have been received emails OK including today so If yours are set correctly then I would check your Spam/Junk folder.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for your replies. Seems mixed responses.
Last first, I do check the spam folders periodically so isn't that.
As to the app, I had emails ticked but not the other two options. I had no idea that was in there until this morning as I normally access Nissan Connect via their web site on a PC. Surely it should be available from both? Now if I knew it worked I might await for an email on the phone, but not much point when it doesn't.
Now some are saying it works for them which is at odds to the 'chat' where I was told it wasn't functional yet.
Before I investigate further, I'll enable all three options and see if that helps. Nissan do not make it easy!
I'll report back one way or the other after the next charge.
Cheers all.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I usually get emails from my 2015 Acenta. Occasionally it fails for no apparent reason ( maybe poor signal at the car).

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I've never had any kind of notification, just assumed it was broken like half of the rest of the system. I just glance at the widget on leafspy instead.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I used to get email notifications on our 2013 Acenta which used carwings, now our new one uses Nissan EV connect and despite having all the right buttons clicked, I don't get email notifications about anything. I have received in-app notifications though. i hope someone at @NissanGB can turn the setting on soon, it was very useful to know that charging had finished, and that the climate control has come on.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
For those still having difficulties. With the online You+ portal check your Notifications section and tick the appropriate boxes, take note of the * at the bottom so also set your email notifications in the car.
Also check your email address shown and or create another to receive and tick that appropriate box if needed.

On-line and in App I have Charging Stops and Climate Control starts set to receive emails. (These options may actually mirror each other remotely).
Car, I have Charging stops - On.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those still having difficulties. With the online You+ portal check your Notifications section and tick the appropriate boxes, take note of the * at the bottom so also set your email notifications in the car.
Also check your email address shown and or create another to receive and tick that appropriate box if needed.

On-line and in App I have Charging Stops and Climate Control starts set to receive emails. (These options may actually mirror each other remotely).
Car, I have Charging stops - On.
Thanks for further suggestions. I can't find a notifications section in the online You+ portal, perhaps that's the problem. I've yet to see the * referred to.
I do have charge stops notification set to on in the android app and in the car. I've just double checked, both OK.
Definitely something works as I can turn on and off the climate control from the phone. But don't get the promised notifications about that either.
I'm still puzzled why this works for some when Nissan support tell me this hasn't been made functional yet. Could it be because mine is a 2016 model? I certainly used to get these notifications with Carwings on my Gen 1 even when I couldn't get on to Carwings to view history etc. because it was down.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
@John Kendrick I think you having a 2016 new Nissan Connect EV module may be the correct assumption as to why you are having issues. You would think that after 5 years of production, with all of the initial Carwings issues they would ensure that the new Nissan Connect EV system works fully before release.

I have a Carwings version car. This is my You+ menu list with Notifications.

upload_2017-1-5_21-58-40.png

Notifications screen, less my email address section

upload_2017-1-5_22-1-9.png

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Yes it's not the same at all. So it seems the advice was correct. You'd think after 12 months of the new system it would be 100% functional by now. Sigh! At least the old system hasn't been broken by the new version coming out.
Anyone with a 2016 Gen 3 Leaf (not a belated reg Gen 2) have it working despite Nissan support's advice?

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Fascinating. I never saw the app notifications before. I have just enabled them all and refreshed the app.

Then I received this notification:
IMG_0976.PNG

Leaf24 Gen2 Acenta 2013 (CarWings)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts