Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do Paul, thanks. That's WHY I am booked into the Rogerthorpe Manor. There are a couple of en route choices and trying to work out whether a long haul on Tuesday is better or whether the community has thoughts on something en route.

The most direct route is M11, A14 and up but RCs are few and far between on that route :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
I do Paul, thanks. That's WHY I am booked into the Rogerthorpe Manor. There are a couple of en route choices and trying to work out whether a long haul on Tuesday is better or whether the community has thoughts on something en route.

The most direct route is M11, A14 and up but RCs are few and far between on that route :(
Easiest way is around the M25 and up the M1? I often do MK to Leeds.
Use rapids at South Mimms, MK, LFE, Tibshelf and top up at Wooley Edge? Most have attached Days Inn/Travelodge

·
Registered
145 Posts
We stayed at the Rogerthorpe Manor a few weeks ago. The charger is round the back past the kitchen, hidden round the corner of a wall and I had to squeeze the car in between a wall and a skip. Hopefully the skip will have gone by now. I also got blocked in by the kitchen staff parking their cars, not that that was a problem as we weren't going anywhere.

Also, when I wanted to disconnect it refused to let my plug go! It took several goes of turning the point on and off and pulling hard to get the plug out. I was beginning to get worried by the time it finally let go of the plug. Incidentally is there a proper method to sorting this out? I didn't really know what to do except keep turning the circuit breaker on and off and pulling. I don't think anyone at the hotel would have been any help.

·
Super Moderator
7,473 Posts
I can reccomend:

The Royal Arms Hotel-Bar & Restaurant
Main St
Sutton Cheney
Nr Market Bosworth
Warwickshire
CV13 0AG

I stayed there in April. They don't have a dedicated charger, but an outdoor 3 pin socket. Charged the Leaf using the EVSE overnight with not problems. Only a few miles from the M1.

Or a cheaper option,
Premier Inn
1 Little Colliers Field, Corby,
Northants NN18 8TJ

There's a Jet garage next to the hotel with 2x posts each with 2x Type 2 sockets activated with a CYC card (though curiously not on any maps anywhere, but they do work!).

Personally I'd do it in a day and go:
Dartford
38 miles
South Mimms
25 miles
Baldock
40 miles
Peterborough
35 miles
Grantham
38 miles
Blyth
30 miles
Wakefield.

upload_2014-8-29_14-59-8.png

None of the legs are very long, so you can roll into every stop with LBW and only charge for a short time at high amps. Six hours sounds doable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts