Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
You can remove some screws under the bumper part as well if you need to. That'll make access a bit easier if the arch liner is proving difficult to pull open. It is a tight fit if you're not up on a ramp with the wheels off but it can be done.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Oh, just some info for anyone wanting to replace the fog lights with LEDs. The polarity of the right hand fog lamp is the wrong way round. Because they were made to fit halogens, it didn't matter. However if you fit an LED where the positive needs to be positive - then you need an make an adaptor cable to switch the polarity around.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Oh, just some info for anyone wanting to replace the fog lights with LEDs. The polarity of the right hand fog lamp is the wrong way round. Because they were made to fit halogens, it didn't matter. However if you fit an LED where the positive needs to be positive - then you need an make an adaptor cable to switch the polarity around.
That's interesting. Guess the ones I fitted must have diodes fitted to correct the polarity - I just plugged them right in and they just worked!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just replaced the DRL's in my 2016 Leaf-30. I removed 7 bolts from under the bumper on each side although four of those seemed only to hold a deflector piece on. I used these Osram bulbs after having read too many comments about cheap ebay bulbs not fitting or failing early. I didn't think that they were too expensive either.
https://www.performancebulbs.co.uk/osr3828cw-osram-p13w-(3828cw)-led-sl-cool-white-6000k-bulb-for-drl-daytime-running-lights.html
I did have a problem getting them to twist in though, they just wouldn't turn. In the end I swapped the O rings with the old bulbs and they went in well.
One tip would be to get some rag to wipe out the dirt from the opening when you pull back the undertray and liner so that you don't get the bits of dirt fall in your eyes when you're looking up and trying to find where to plug the new bulb back in. And yes, the edges are sharp so your arms get a bit scratched up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
My cheap eBay DRL led's are still going strong two years later. They plugged straight in with no issue. I know some people had problems with them. The led side light bulbs that came with them only lasted about a month. I also received a pair of number plate bulbs and they are still alive and well. Maybe I'm just a lucky little Irishman?

·
Registered
290 Posts
My cheap eBay DRL led's are still going strong two years later. They plugged straight in with no issue. I know some people had problems with them. The led side light bulbs that came with them only lasted about a month. I also received a pair of number plate bulbs and they are still alive and well. Maybe I'm just a lucky little Irishman?
MIne too, I replaced the sidelights with the same kit and have had no problems, I didn't bother with the number plate lights. Mine just slotted straight in with no issues at all, no polarity problems or tight skirt issues.

The headlight main beam replacements have proved their worth over the Winter and Spring too. Massive difference when night-time driving through the New Forest lanes, I can actually see the ponies, donkeys and deer now.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts