Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with Leaf Manager at the moment? I can get the location of the car and remotely operate the heater but the app will not display the state of charge either when you press manual update or automatically when you switch off the car. It just shows the message Gave Up No Updated car Data from Server.

I can access the state of charge using the Nissan app so it must be a Leaf Manager issue.

Text Font Product Audio equipment Technology

·
Registered
695 Posts
I think you will find that it is a Nissan server problem... Again!

You are lucky that you can use the new Nissan app. Mine is and has never worked for the battery state since it was updated.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Lucky you! Mine just times out and asks me to log in again. Climate control is working.

With Leaf manager, I can log in if I set the region to Japan/Asia. Up until Christmas Eve, It worked like that, but now it can't get the battery status. It gives the same message as you are getting.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried changing the region in Leaf Manager but it just says password / login error. Maybe Nissan's server is having time off over the holidays?! Hopefully, it will start working again soon. In the meantime, at least the remote heating works (although when it's wet outside my heating just steams up the inside of the windows so you sill have to run the demist and a/c to clear the inside of the windows before you can drive away!)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I've just had a response from the developer of Leaf Manager who confirms that his app no longer works due to changes within the Nissan server. He is not able to rewrite the app so it looks like Leaf Manager is now dead, which is a shame as it was far faster and superior to the Nissan EV app.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Oh well... I only paid for the full version a few months ago, so I guess he can have a pint on me then.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had the paid for Pro version since October 2017 and it was the best - until 25 December 2018 when it just stopped working According to the developer the Nissan API used by his app has been changed so the app now falsely reports no updated data from the server.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I've had the paid for Pro version since October 2017 and it was the best - until 25 December 2018 when it just stopped working According to the developer the Nissan API used by his app has been changed so the app now falsely reports no updated data from the server.
Even my official Nissan app does that, no new data since that day.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both the Nissan EV and My Leaf apps work but very, very slowly. Every time you move from screen to screen, they sent data to the server and you have to wait until they receive a response. It's painful to watch but eventually, you will see the updated range / battery level or the a/c status. It's the same when you use the remote heater function. Until either Nissan speed up the communication protocol or someone brings out a faster alternative, we're stuck with it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been using My Leaf for a couple of months now and it seems pretty good. When the API is down you get an in-app message to say so - it happened a few times around Christmas but has been quite stable again over the last few days. Presumably all related to the above.

I'm not sure how much data is cached on the Nissan servers, but some needs to make its way (presumably via SMS) to your car and back. It's bound to take a few seconds. Just grab a cuppa and be glad you're in the warm rather than outside defrosting your car like the old days :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is really serious. My party trick down the pub is to tap my watch to turn on the heating in the car. Wearable widgets doesn't seem to work with the Nissan EV app.
That means I'll have drag my phone out. Not nearly as impressive.

All Nissan vehicle data is held on an elderly laptop running Windows XP and I guess the owner just took it home for her kids to play on over Christmas.

On a serious note, I feel sorry for the Leaf Manager developer. It should have made him if not a wealthy man, at least worth his while financially. Maybe a bit of crowd funding for a new vesion? I'd be up for that.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Both the Nissan EV and My Leaf apps work but very, very slowly. Every time you move from screen to screen, they sent data to the server and you have to wait until they receive a response. It's painful to watch but eventually, you will see the updated range / battery level or the a/c status. It's the same when you use the remote heater function. Until either Nissan speed up the communication protocol or someone brings out a faster alternative, we're stuck with it!
Nope, I’ve tried being patient, I’ve tried it on 4G, 3G and WiFi connections in various locations. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the app.
I just get no data populated in the Nissan app.

Just one more reason that I’ll not be getting my van serviced once the warranty for the battery expires.
There’s no point paying for yearly services when they’re just as expensive as the petrol/diesel cars and the “benefit” of having the telemetry isn’t reliable enough or doesn’t work at all.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you using an iPhone or Android? I'm on Android but I read somewhere that the IOS versions of the Nissan EV app were having issues. The Nissan EV and My Leaf apps are definitely both working at the moment on Android over WiFi, 3G and 4G.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Are you using an iPhone or Android? I'm on Android but I read somewhere that the IOS versions of the Nissan EV app were having issues. The Nissan EV and My Leaf apps are definitely both working at the moment on Android over WiFi, 3G and 4G.
I’m on iOS, still waiting for the bug fix I guess, still running the version from just before Christmas.
It’s not good customer care to have a broken app for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'm on Android with the latest version of the Nissan app and My Leaf. Both are not reporting battery status.

Some day, Nissan will get the 386 computer with windows 3.1 fired up again with a 256mb memory upgrade ...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Shame Leaf Manager is broken as it worked well.

Have uninstalled LM and Nissan Connect and installed My Leaf which is now working for me and showing the charge level. Cannot get the PC version to show the charge level. Will see how My Leaf behaves over the next few days before purchasing.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
** UPDATE ** Nothing is working today. Both Nissan EV and My Leaf are reporting login errors so I am assuming that Nissan now have another issue with their server. Nissan get your act together!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
** UPDATE ** Nothing is working today. Both Nissan EV and My Leaf are reporting login errors so I am assuming that Nissan now have another issue with their server. Nissan get your act together!
It really is good news that our cars can still function without dialling home, Just imagine if they had to be started with the app.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.