• Yes

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.5%
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on my order for a Leaf 2.Zero on 3 year PCP and there was no mention of 2 free services. In fact I was trying to get the dealer to "throw in" the first service free because it is overpriced.
May need to have a few words to check this out.
Bear in mind the cars we are speaking about were used.
Perhaps an offer to get people to take on used Leafs on PCP.
Not needed, as I'd have taken it on regardless.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Bear in mind the cars we are speaking about were used.
Perhaps an offer to get people to take on used Leafs on PCP.
Not needed, as I'd have taken it on regardless.
I did get 2 free services on my new car.
However that was then and now who knows what offer is on. If any.
These things come and go.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My three year PCP only came with two years free services too.
That’s because your first service was done when you purchased it. The two years of services are for one year after purchase, and the following year.

By the next year, you’ll be giving it back.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,431 Posts
You give it back on 36th month, which is when the service is due. Or am I missing something?

Anyone done the 5th year coolant change? How much did it cost?

·
Ev Pioneer Leaf Accenta 24kw Gen 1
156 Posts
Mine has gone in this morning for its minor service. £149. There was no information in the books as to the check list for the service so I asked the dealer what it was "we drain and refill your screenwash (already full), change air filter, check and do software updates (i hope the nav system is included as it is awful), front wheels off and check brakes. No mention of the rear wheels so I raised the sticking handbrake on wet roads problem.

To my great surpise they lent me a petrol Micra when I was expecting a sales pitch at the new Leaf, Driving it only convinced me more about electric cars.

Not overly happy with the price but break down cover is a need and ultimately there is still some warrenty left until the summer so grit teeth and bare it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think I'm going to insist that I am guaranteed a Leaf when I take my car in for the services. Otherwise I'll simply reschedule.

Also, the screenwash Nissan use seems to be absolutely awful - it's smeared my windscreen constantly since I got my Leaf.

·
Ev Pioneer Leaf Accenta 24kw Gen 1
156 Posts
Well I wouldn't know at the moment, although they were due to refil and refresh the screenwash - It was already full but with water unfortunately as it ran out last week and I didn't have any screenwash so it was frozen when it went in - and is still frozen now.

·
Registered
95 Posts

I've noticed in the service manual, at 5th year, there is a coolant change. Is this included with my free servicing?

;)
Mine is due a 5th year service soon. Where can I find the service schedule as thinking of DIY from now on as the only warranty soon to be in place will be the anti-corrosion one. My manuals don't list the schedule or even say whether to do a major or minor each year. Last year it was £145 major and included a brake fluid change.

DIY is simple except when it comes to fluid changes, especially inverter or transmission. LeafSpy can presumably stand in for the computer/battery check that the garage does.

I have breakdown cover elsewhere and a local independent can do half price MOTs, so see little benefit from a Nissan garage other than the resale value of their dealer’s stamps. I did have trouble selling a Prius recently that I had DIY serviced as had no stamps for 5 years.

Apologies if this is thoughtlessly reopening an old thread.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,431 Posts
The service handbook (where the stamps go) should have 2 pages near the front showing the service schedule. On my one those two were stuck-on.

It is alternating minor/major services. Minor is all inspection, Major has brake fluid change and pollen filter change. It says coolant change at 5 years.

I've found out Nissan charges fixed price of £65 for all coolant change (ICE or EV). It's not too bad, MOT and this would be the only maintenance cost I expect to pay during my PCP.

If I were to keep my Leaf at end of PCP, its 6th birthday, I will also DIY services. As you said, Leafspy sorts out battery health readings and fault code. MOT checks suspension and brakes. Pollen filter will be easy and cheap. Halfords autocentre do a £37 brake fluid change, ATS is £39 for same thing. Finally £65 every couple years at Nissan for coolant change. Very cheap motoring :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
The service handbook (where the stamps go) should have 2 pages near the front showing the service schedule. On my one those two were stuck-on.
:D
Thanks. Mine has 2 stuck on pages about ownership but the service schedule page is blank.

I'll take your advice and DIY the next one but in the long term I am concerned that, without sight of the full schedule, I don't know when major things like inverter fluid changes are to be done.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts