Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im at process of buying Leaf.

One from my two choices was not used a bit of time, about month, and for first test was started from external battery, because 12V battery lost power.

Started, working well, we drive to tesco for charging etc.

Unfortunately, when we come two days after for finalise, car not started, and 12v battery was dead.
Because it's rural area, is no shop to buy battery etc.

Car was not charged and not connected to charger, but after move joystick from P to D or R is only clicking sound and car return to neutral.

After new 12v battery this problem still exists.

Its common problem or if not, how find what's happening with?

I understand if "reset" not working, this car needs repair in dealership, so its probably not worth to proceed.

Or is any Leaf clever person near Liverpool, to look for this problem?

Wife definitely prefer this car, because mileage and condition ;))

So, I will ask :
-how about independent servicing,
-how to reset car ;))

Regards M

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think was disconnected overnight, because battery was taken to home for charging.

And next day still not working -> new battery ordered.

But is no way to reset?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I wonder if the chademo socket is jammed or has some dirt in it that makes it think the plug is inserted?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,197 Posts
Sounds like the 12v battery didn't recover when charged. The new battery should cure it. Otherwise use LEAFSpy to read the DTC codes and report them here.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Is the green ready light on?

Does the display show any messages?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New 12v battery, no any warnings or errors on dashboard.

Its looking like ready to drive, display reminder about brake etc, when joy moved to right and D or R is only click and back to P...

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,742 Posts
Look elsewhere, plenty of cars available not to have to stress about whether it is working or not even before you buy it.

Look at it this way .. the dealer can't even manage to make sure it is ready for you to take away when you come back, so if he can't and it's his business to know how to make that happen, what hope in heck do you have?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Look elsewhere, plenty of cars available not to have to stress about whether it is working or not even before you buy it.

Look at it this way .. the dealer can't even manage to make sure it is ready for you to take away when you come back, so if he can't and it's his business to know how to make that happen, what hope in heck do you have?
Absolutely !

If it's not working properly before you buy it there's no chance of it miraculously curing itself when you've got it.

·
Registered
Nissan leaf 2015 24kw.+ 2021 MG ZS EV
87 Posts
Reading about the fault It's got
I have to agree with Donald and EricM on this, walk away.
There are plenty of other cars out there that work perfectly well don't get landed with a fault before you even buy it.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,853 Posts
for significantly less than Nissan main dealers:
Really? I'd love to see that. I've tried five HEVRA listed service centres so far - two never answered the phone or replied to me, two were exactly the same price as main dealer servicing, and one was actually more expensive than the main dealer. Especially after the fact that main dealer servicing includes a year of breakdown recovery, and the perceived value of a main dealer stamp in the record come sale time, not very good value at all......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts