Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went looking for a Leaf 2 and got offered a 4 months old pre registered from dealers Acentia for £19k, I was very interested, got a price per month and came home to consider, then looked on Nissan web site and they are offering brand new ones for better deal, I really don't know if the dealers want to sell the Leaf as they really don't seem interested as soon as you mention Leaf...

PS. Can the 6.6kw be retrofitted to a gen 2 Leaf that has been per registered..

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
6.6kw (as far as everything I've seen and read) cannot be retrofitted. We have that on our Acenta and I would say it's worth having, maybe others without it would say it's fine to not have, but for me it just made sense and makes charging that more convenient in many cases.

Our dealer (Glyn Hopkins in Milton Keynes) was really good. They maybe didn't offer the best deals, but their service was excellent so happy we went with them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does having the 6.6kw charging benefits outweigh the disadvantages? Do you think it will change the range any I.e. is it heavier?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I can't see any downsides, to be honest it wont really affect range all that much, if at all, I don't even know if there are any more physical parts, just different ones. Nissan certainly doesn't quote any difference for the two systems in terms of range and we're getting (it seems) good range, comparable range, with other 2013 Leaf owners.

Your driving style and going up or down hill would probably have more effect to be honest.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am deciding today about my new Leaf and have 2 offers, one with 6.6kw which is £30 dearer a month, can that be justified, will I ever use it, don't really know a lot about advantages of having it

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
That seems a fair bit more for that option, is it a newer car?

The difference to me is worthwhile, purely because faster chargers (which you can have at home, and are becoming more common out and about) will charge in about half the time, see below from Nissan:

3.6 kW onboard charger (3.3 kW output)
Charging time (est.) 220V ~ 7 hrs
DC Fast Charge 30 min to 80%

6.6 kW onboard charger (6.0 kW output)
Charging time (est.) 220V ~ 4 hrs
DC Fast Charge 30 min to 80%

So a full charge for me can take a few hours, when with a slower charger it would take almost twice as long.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the deed done, new white Acenta with 6.6kw charger, now the worrying starts hoping the chargers are fixed before the car comes on the 23rd ish...

Exciting,

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's great news Billybok!

Fingers crossed your charger is ready for you. Don't forget to order your chargecards. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there anyway around buying a Brick for charging from plug for backup?, £405 is expensive as a back up

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I was lucky and got one free, I say lucky, the car was delayed due to the fast charger cable so they offered me an EVSE "brick" as compensation and I was able to keep both type.

Maybe push the dealer to give you one free, depending how good a deal you already have? Always worth asking, don't ask don't get and all that. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i tried that and the sales man nearly feel off his seat, cannot believe they are £405, I dont suppose there is a way of making one as there has to be Nissan software involved!
Wonder in any has come in with an accident damaged car (scrap merchant), worth a try

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did he say they wouldn't do it?

If you don't mind me asking what did you get from them in terms of discount and extras thrown in?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went for the Acentia with 6.6kw at 15k miles, It's really my own fault as I asked him and another garage for the lowest quote and after a lot of back and forward between the different Nissan dealers, Nissan Aberdeen came back with a deal well below (£35/month below) the other dealer for exact same car, not sure of the numbers as there was a trade in and it had finance etc..They included the £1600 from Nissan itself and also a Nissan rate...(not sure)
All I was interested in was the monthly figure, but there deal was miles better...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry, you may have checked before I amended my post with the correct link. Anyway, I've just checked & he still has 3 available. Delivery was very quick.

The clipper creek charger was recommended by a poster from Leaf Talk forum. I thought I would take a punt as I will only need it for emergencies.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts