Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to switch from my Nissan leaf (2012 MY) to the following. Autonomy due to the REX is a prime consideration with no leaf battery upgrade yet available and end of lease close. The leaf is amazing value but...

Any comments on spec welcome

BMW i3 REX Capparis white
- Loft interior
- winter pack
- driver assist
- rapid charge
- park assist
- sat nav professional
- 36 month lease

I'm skipping on
- upgraded wheels. It's a lease and I need to control costs
- comfort access. I have this in the leaf, but I'll survive. maybe..
- HK audio. Well until tomorrow! tempting but.. just me in car most of the time

I did end up including park assist - I'm so used to a reversing camera esp for use in bays in the dark, and front beeps are handy. Auto parallel park I can think I'd hardly use.

#ev #driveelectric #bmwi3

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I fancy an I3 but a tad concerned that most of the things you might think are standard are far from it. Do you know what the purchase price on the spec you have outlined is?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was looking at a similar spec'd BEV i3. Only difference was I had Solar Orange and I dropped the Park Assist. £790 was a lot for a rear camera when the sensors are good and I don't spend £500+ on my home sound systems, let alone one I listen to in the car.

My head was turned by a local dealer offering me a Tekna Leaf for £2500 deposit and about £100 a month for a two year lease. Test driving it this weekend.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
My needs aren't too crazy but I would want heating and rapid charge. I would also want a different colour to grey...possibly the white like @Amateurish. Also require BT connectivity for phone. Not a big fan of the packing box door linings.

I can live without sat nav, upgraded audio and even reversing camera but do like parking sensors.

Reactions: Robwiz

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
My head was turned by a local dealer offering me a Tekna Leaf for £2500 deposit and about £100 a month for a two year lease. Test driving it this weekend.
Is that for a Flex? So battery rental extra?

·
Registered
187 Posts
BMW i3 REX Capparis white
- Loft interior
- winter pack
- driver assist
- rapid charge
- park assist
- sat nav professional
- 36 month lease
Pro SatNav, winter pack and rapid charge essential. Not sure about the loft interior - standard is excellent. Park assist strikes me as gimmicky! I would add the HK Audio - standard audio is pretty poor.

·
Banned
961 Posts
My needs aren't too crazy but I would want heating and rapid charge. I would also want a different colour to grey...possibly the white like @Amateurish. Also require BT connectivity for phone. Not a big fan of the packing box door linings.

I can live without sat nav, upgraded audio and even reversing camera but do like parking sensors.
Heating does indeed come as standard - they don't leave you shivering in the cold. Pre-heating is even standard, despite some rumours to the contrary.
Rapid charge is pay-for, but apparently it has less impact on the lease cost because BMW like the car to have it.
White is a free colour option.
BT phone connectivity is standard - works great without the 'enhanced' stuff (which nobody seems to know what it adds)
Parking sensors are something to discuss with a dealer... I've driven a basic i3 without the reversing camera that still had the parking sensor 'radar' view, so it may be they are standard. There is certainly a way to get them without the full park-assist package.

The key is to ignore the website and go and see what comes as standard - often the website makes it sound like you need the option, when all it really does is add a little bit of extra functionality.

·
Registered
187 Posts

White has definitely grown on me (I couldn't afford a metallic!). BT connectivity and rear parking sensors are standard.

"Radar view" is standard.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Amateurish says standard audio is "poor". For the sake of balance, I have to speak up to say I strongly disagree. So the only way is to hear it for yourself and decide.

My only two upgrades from standard spec were rapid charging (essential, IMHO, especially in my BEV version) and the 429 (turbine-style) wheels. The standard 427 wheels look better suited to a Polo. I don't normally tick boxes on an options sheet but the rest of the car looks really special and I thought it would be a shame to scrimp on an important aspect of its appearance.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts