Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After returning the demo Leaf I enquired on the best deal for a purchase early next year. He mentioned this:

2 year PCP on a brand new Tekna, non flex, White, £500 deposit, £187 a month for annual 6k a year.

Problem is, it's a Nisssan employer deal only :( Although he said it would be easy to find someone to recommend me, as I live in the North East and they receive £500 for doing so:). Looks like I'll be asking fellow golfers at my club (700+ members someone must know a Nissan worker;)) as I'm newly retired and have just moved here so really don't know many people other than family.

But, before I start, I thought I would ask about the deal as it seems very good to me but, have no idea on PCP deals. My original intention was to buy cash but, he said there were plans a foot to release a new Leaf with a 180 mile range inside two years:cool:. His final sales pitch was, once the new car is out there will not be much call for a lesser Leaf with half the range hinting at the loss of residule value.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
That's an excellent offer provided you can live with the annual mileage limit – check the cost for excess miles.

He might even be able to point you towards someone eligible for the friends and families offer if you ask nicely.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Seems like a good deal but do check the price for higher mileage unless you know you can live within 6K.

Surprised that you don't know anyone - try posting on Gumtree!

Check the Minimum Guaranteed Future Value - suspect it will be around the 14-15K mark (i.e. stupidly optimistic). As long as you are happy to walk away at the end of the two years, not a problem ...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Earlier in the year someone was offering they nissan discount codes on leaftalk. It was mentioned here and a link to the thread I will see if I can dig it out.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't really think 6k a year will be a problem as I will have another car for the longer journeys and we are now retired.

That would be great and I'll also try Gumtree, thanks.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
2 year PCP on a brand new Tekna, non flex, White, £500 deposit, £187 a month for annual 6k a year.
I guess your deposit is driving up the monthly payments?

I've put 6300 down & I'm paying 137/month for 20k a year over 2 years on an ex demo non flex acenta valued at 16495.

Excess miles are charged at 0.1 pence per mile on my agreement.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Salesman said the best way to do it was to keep the deposit to a minimum?

Not sure about the codes as it's a pretty old thread but, I'll try and contact him, thanks again.

Whoops I was looking at the wrong thing, thread was initiated in Sep this year.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Salesman said the best way to do it was to keep the deposit to a minimum?

Not sure about the codes as it's a pretty old thread but, I'll try and contact him, thanks again.

Whoops I was looking at the wrong thing, thread was initiated in Sep this year.
From a personal purchase perspective, perhaps it is better (for you) if you don't want the money tied up. At the end of the day, if you don't end up completing the purchase, the deposit is gone. For me it reduced my tax outgoings considerably so it made sense.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It made sense when he mentioned the release of the new Leaf in two years time. If it really has a range in excess of 180 miles then it will be easy and cheaper to give back this car and look for the newer more improved version:cool:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
It made sense when he mentioned the release of the new Leaf in two years time. If it really has a range in excess of 180 miles then it will be easy and cheaper to give back this car and look for the newer more improved version:cool:
Yep. Hedge your bets - that's the same reason I only went for a 2 year deal. I'm halfway through.

If their aren't any viable alternatives or the new Leaf isn't ready, I'll simply extend the lease.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would like to contact the guy on Leaf talk about the discount but, can't seem to register. Have tried three times so far, unless it takes a while to receive an authorising E mail?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I guess your deposit is driving up the monthly payments?

I've put 6300 down & I'm paying 137/month for 20k a year over 2 years on an ex demo non flex acenta valued at 16495.

Excess miles are charged at 0.1 pence per mile on my agreement.
I'm not sure how you think that his price is worse than yours (unless I'm misunderstanding).
Over 24 months, you will pay £9588.
Over 24 months, he will pay £4988. Even if we assume he ends up doing the same mileage as you, at the typical excess mileage rate of 10p/mile (your excess mileage rate is clearly a mistake, either on your part or on theirs!), that's another £2800, giving a total of £7788

Looks like a damn fine deal to me.

Reactions: cjm_2013

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yep. Hedge your bets - that's the same reason I only went for a 2 year deal. I'm halfway through.

If their aren't any viable alternatives or the new Leaf isn't ready, I'll simply extend the lease.
As part of the new rules on loans (Wonga kept extending their loans and the Govt are legislating against it), it MAY not be possible to extend a PCP or lease. I know my companies leasing company's legal team are looking to see if there is a way around it.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Would like to contact the guy on Leaf talk about the discount but, can't seem to register. Have tried three times so far, unless it takes a while to receive an authorising E mail?
Mmm, the IT behind Leaftalk has been flaky recently. I'll post for you and point him over here.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Appreciate that thanks. Just tried again to make sure, this time using my stand alone instead of pad but same result:(

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not sure but, I think it was more to do with only keeping the car for the two years (in line with new one arriving). Thought the less deposit you put down the less you lose when handing the car back:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Tony,

If you PM me the account account details you used to register I'll look into it for you. Similarly if anyone else has tried to register but has had difficulty please let me know. Thanks.

Mustafa
LeafTalk UK owner and administrator

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mustafa, I've started a conversation with you on what happens whilst trying to join.

I'm waiting to hear about a Nissan contact as we speak. Played golf yesterday with my Nephew, turns out one of his mates Dad works for Nissan in Sunderland, fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts