Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i go back to the dealer can anyone tell me if clearing the rear window of mist on these cold miserable mornings should be harder than simply pressing the rear demist button?.Am i missing something?.Or do i just have a fault?.When i press the button it lights up but nothing happens and the rear window just doesn't clear.Full half hour commute and cant see anything out of rear window.Only had car eight weeks and not needed to use it before.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It should work better than that, mine clears quite nicely but you are right it does take a while I put climate control on and the heated seats and steering wheel on full blast. Eventually i'm ready to go. I guess thats why they designed Nissan Wings app to allow you to turn on climate control remotely if you have a high spec model of Leaf.

·
One Life - Leaf It
488 Posts
Before i go back to the dealer can anyone tell me if clearing the rear window of mist on these cold miserable mornings should be harder than simply pressing the rear demist button?.Am i missing something?.Or do i just have a fault?.When i press the button it lights up but nothing happens and the rear window just doesn't clear.Full half hour commute and cant see anything out of rear window.Only had car eight weeks and not needed to use it before.
Mine is a bit weedy - but if you don't see some lines beginning to clear pretty quickly then I think there's something wrong with it.

In theory the pre-heating should sort the demisting out before you get in the car, but to be honest because it blows warm air in the front of the car all the moist air tends to get pushed to the back. I have no solution for this!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wondered about my rear demister too. Mine doesnt *seem* to do anything.
Havent had chance to properly test it / report it to Nissan.

I will test & let you know.

- 2014 Acenta

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
It seems slower than some cars I've had and struggles to cope with high humidity levels in the car. That's why some of us have been buying dehumidifier bags for the winter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I too would love to use the pre heat but carwings hasnt worked (@NissanGB ) for days and as i don't have home charger i cant put timer on, guess i'm off to dealer as it just doesn't clear at all.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If there is a lot of residual moisture in the car then pre-heat can actually make matters worse as there is no aircon to dehumidify the atmosphere and the heat releases all the moisture stored up in the carpet and seats.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I bought these dehumidifier bags and keep one of them in car all the time as otherwise windows seem always be misty. Seem to work quite well but if it rains I still get mist.

Link: eBay

·
Registered
137 Posts
Doesn't using the heated rear screen increase the power usage as shown on the energy screen?
From memory, the bottom right power circle (not the climate one) spikes when you press the rear screen button.

Checking this should tell you if its drawings its watts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Mine is rubbish, had it checked at the first service and was told it was fine but some are just weak. I don't even bother with it any more.
Maybe some anti-fog coating would do the job.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doesn't using the heated rear screen increase the power usage as shown on the energy screen?
From memory, the bottom right power circle (not the climate one) spikes when you press the rear screen button.

Checking this should tell you if its drawings its watts
I put mine on this morning and checked the power usage. It appeared to be drawing power but didn't make any difference to the misted window and that was for a full half hour commute.Guess its just really S!!t.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I try and keep my leaf as moisture free as possible, I open the windows a bit on the start and end of journeys and also every time I'm driving slowly. That along with a small silica dehumidifier really helps, my demister tends to work under these conditions. Preheating the car helps to vent the moisture in the mornings.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I try and keep my leaf as moisture free as possible, I open the windows a bit on the start and end of journeys and also every time I'm driving slowly. That along with a small silica dehumidifier really helps, my demister tends to work under these conditions. Preheating the car helps to vent the moisture in the mornings.
We no mention "preheat" carwings not worked for weeks and don't have home charger so can't set timer. That's a different very long thread

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DO you need carwings and a home charger for the preheat to work?
Something about being plugged in and over 80% charge for in car preheat timer to work but when carwings works it just seems to switch preheat on when asked to.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My 2014 Acenta doesn't work at all, like you say the usage shows on the graphic, but this is just a computer generated usage otherwise there would be pointless current measuring devices everywhere.
I do hear a relay clicking at the rear of the car though.
Sounds like it might be a fault. Should be covered under warranty so i would get it checked.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts