Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was meant to be picking up a new Leaf E+ N-connecta beginning of this month as a lease car. The car has been at the dealers now for a couple of weeks but the lease company are not letting me get it delivered yet due to a recall apparently. Does anyone have any ideas what this may be and why its taking so long. Lease company has not been forthcoming with information and neither has the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,896 Posts
Maybe it's this one and it might affect more build dates than they thought?

It seems a bit pathetic not to tell a customer why they are waiting for a new car and what the recall is.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The last recall, a couple of months ago, I had on my Leaf 40 was the 'brake back plate' which turned out to be the pawl that engages when you put it into Park. A range of 'back plates' had been found to have sub-standard welds. Mine was technically outside of the affected range but they extend the recall range to ensure they catch any at the edges.

Update: looks like the one above, just posted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got a recall notice about this and booked it in along with a service in March. I didn't get done though - I was told that the required parts were not in the country and I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have just spoken again to the leasing company and now prepared to name and shame them as they seem to be dragging there heels. Its Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. Apparently the 'Recall' is due to the fact the grants have changed and nothing to do with anything mechanical. Now the fact Nissan have actually dropped the price of the car I would have thought should have made this easy but apparently not.

They wont give me the name of the dealer to speak to either! Shambles!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, for anyone interested I have been through Nissan UK and now spoken to the dealer (Holdcroft) who have been very helpful and hopefully it will be resolved soon. In my case it's not down to the government grants changes, managed to get the car registered against a grant before all the chaos caused by the overnight changes but there is actually a 'software recall' which they will apply to the car this week.

Didn't get any details on what the software change is but as long as all resolved shortly then its all good. If anyone does know what the software recall may be I would be interested.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't show anything up when I checked the reg of the one I'm getting either. Guess not all recalls will show up unless safety related.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,520 Posts
Didn't show anything up when I checked the reg of the one I'm getting either. Guess not all recalls will show up unless safety related.
Please update when you find out what the software recall is for.
Great car - you'll enjoy it.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Please update when you find out what the software recall is for.
Great car - you'll enjoy it.
I would explicitly ask what the update changes before letting them do the update.
You are entitled to this information.
Updates can mess with things like rate of regen, etc...

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, for anyone interested I have been through Nissan UK and now spoken to the dealer (Holdcroft) who have been very helpful and hopefully it will be resolved soon. In my case it's not down to the government grants changes, managed to get the car registered against a grant before all the chaos caused by the overnight changes but there is actually a 'software recall' which they will apply to the car this week.

Didn't get any details on what the software change is but as long as all resolved shortly then its all good. If anyone does know what the software recall may be I would be interested.
Hi Smartn, do you have any update on your car order. I have the same problem and is really difficult to receive any information from the lease company.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Radka,

Haven't got a delivery date as yet but everything seems promising. Just spoken to Holdcroft and the update has been applied so I would hope to get delivery next week with a bit of luck. Holdcroft told me the job was intially not booked in until the 26th April but put it through as urgent for me. If i had left it to Nationwide I suspect it would have been early May I got delivery or later as no-one would have pushed it. It does seem that Holdcroft are under pressure because of the overnight change in grants as well which has really messed things up, I can see why the government feel the need to change the grant system but to do it overnight has messed up things for a lot of companies who are already operating in very difficult times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Smartn, do you have any update on your car order. I have the same problem and is really difficult to receive any information from the lease company.
A very useful post, thanks...

I ordered the Leaf e+ n-tec from the same lease company around 10 weeks ago, yet I have no idea when I'll take delivery. I've chased the lease company several times (they certainly haven't bothered to reach out to me) and they just give very short shrift.

I've contacted Nissan in an attempt to determine if/what the recall might be, if this is the reason for the delay. Not impressed.

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,520 Posts
A very useful post, thanks...

I ordered the Leaf e+ n-tec from the same lease company around 10 weeks ago, yet I have no idea when I'll take delivery. I've chased the lease company several times (they certainly haven't bothered to reach out to me) and they just give very short shrift.

I've contacted Nissan in an attempt to determine if/what the recall might be, if this is the reason for the delay. Not impressed.
This is why I chose a pre registered E+ N-Tec - don't do waiting for cars and saved £7k over a new one.
I thought the N-Tec was a limited edition from a year ago and not on sale currently? (not shown in their model range when I checked a minute ago)

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is why I chose a pre registered E+ N-Tec - don't do waiting for cars and saved £7k over a new one.
I thought the N-Tec was a limited edition from a year ago and not on sale currently? (not shown in their model range when I checked a minute ago)
You're right, it's no longer on sale, also a pre-registered car. I don't mind waiting a bit as I'm not going far nowadays, but it would be good to get it soon as freedom returns:)

Tell me it's worth the wait...?

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,520 Posts
You're right, it's no longer on sale, also a pre-registered car. I don't mind waiting a bit as I'm not going far nowadays, but it would be good to get it soon as freedom returns:)

Tell me it's worth the wait...?
No, absolute pile of c****.
On the other hand, it's actually quite brilliant and not much to criticise. (mine does have the non telescopic steering column but the driving position is otherwise good)

Showed a range of 229m after a monthly 100% charge at the weekend.
By noon today I'd done 68miles with 66% and 150miles remaining. (using Eco + E pedal).

My first long journey will be at the end of May - 250miles and I'm planning on one Rapid charge about mid way with an actual range of about 200 since I won't be able to drive at less than 55!

Since getting it in Jan I have done 1538 miles at a cost of under £20 (Octopus Go tariff)

I wonder why the leasing company is messing about? I did my PCP online, had the car delivered within a week and my CRZ part ex driven away by the delivery driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm glad it's going to be worth the wait.

I'm with you on not driving at 55 on motorways thing. Still looks like a decent range per charge.:)

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
1,520 Posts
I'm glad it's going to be worth the wait.

I'm with you on not driving at 55 on motorways thing. Still looks like a decent range per charge.:)
The range is, of course much lower in cold weather as wth all EVs.

It's as if the battery capacity has shrunk - won't take as much charge nor deliver the range, though the SOC still goes to 100%.

I expect that when summer arrives, the range will be even better.

·
Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
1,574 Posts
I had a nice 68 mile round trip today, no motorway, just A and B roads, heating turned off, AC on, 15°c outside. Out going leg achieved 4.4 miles /Kw and the return leg 4.5 miles/Kw and I don't hang about, so not so dusty.

My experience of motorway driving in the warm summer months is: 3.1 miles/Kw (head wind) 3.3 miles /Kw (tail wind) at a constant true 70mph. That's a range of 175 worst case, (from a fully charged 56Kwh battery), however it is rare to be able to do 70mph for extended distances, what will all the road works and emission speed restrictions.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, delivery date for me is now scheduled for May the 4th, Star Wars Day. Fingers crossed it all works out with my E+ N-Connecta. Many complications and was orginally planned for around a month ago so I've been having to walk, cycle and e-scoot more as my leased e-golf went back then. The software update caused a slight delay but I think the biggest problems for the leasing companies has been the change in the grant overnight by the government.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts