Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our LEAF is only about 6-7 months old (and about 4k miles on the clock), but I've noticed the driver's seat fabric is starting to look loose and a bit saggy under where I sit.

I'll try and get a photo later, but surely this can't be right or normal? Never experienced this in other cars, and I weigh about 80kg (whatever that is) so not exactly huge?

This can't right can it? Anyone else?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've already noticed the same on my mk2 which is only just over a month old.

The part of the seat on the right near my hip is the worse. The material is going saggy. I'm trying to avoid it when I get out.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Mine is on it's way out too - the base 'cheek' gets squashed every time I get in or out of the car. I've seen the same problems in transit vans. (MK2)

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Pau l/ IanT
Have you tried dealing with Nissan customer services yet?
I am reluctant to own another Nissan, which is a real shame from what I read about the Leaf.
One of my previous ICE car's was a Nissan, I had clutch and fly wheel problem, [email protected] 40K under warranty, 1 @ 95K £1800. and from 135k 3 complety units in about 7000 miles 1 * £1800, 1 the garage replaced at their own cost then the last one I had to pay for again. Nissan's view was that it was all my fault as I was driving incorrectly.
If you have to deal with them, get all you ducks in a row first and let me if they have changed their out look.

·
Registered
295 Posts
But yes can see the saggy seat. Much worse than mine. Did you speak with Nissan??

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,449 Posts
As opposed to saggy it looks to me as though the fabric has stretched. Has the foam padding under the seat cover got an indentation in it or is it still smooth under the fabric cover? You might be able to feel the differences between the driver and passenger seats.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As opposed to saggy it looks to me as though the fabric has stretched. Has the foam padding under the seat cover got an indentation in it or is it still smooth under the fabric cover? You might be able to feel the differences between the driver and passenger seats.
All feels fine underneath it? As you say it's like there's too much material for the seat base. Passenger side not like it.

I weigh about 80kg at the moment so not really a huge weight on it over six months or so (also low mileage).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Our LEAF is only about 6-7 months old (and about 4k miles on the clock), but I've noticed the driver's seat fabric is starting to look loose and a bit saggy under where I sit.

I'll try and get a photo later, but surely this can't be right or normal? Never experienced this in other cars, and I weigh about 80kg (whatever that is) so not exactly huge?

This can't right can it? Anyone else?
Not fit for purpose, you would expect this on a car 5 years old or older.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Taken it to the Glyn Hopkin Nissan this morning, and was told (rather bluntly) that they will take photos, send them to Nissan and it's up to them if they think it's a valid claim.

Better be or this is the first and last Nissan I'll ever own!

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's easy, it's not wear and tear its a cause of a manufacturing defect or not fit for purpose you would except the seat to be in a reasonable condition within Nissan warranty AT LEAST. Fight for what you deserve not what the dealer or manufacture try's to fob you of with. To give you an idea if you buy a washer and it has a12 months guarantee in law it's your right that it should last a reasonable length of time and that's 5 years.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll get it sorted, but if it takes anything like an argument, or even heavy persuasion to convince Nissan that's not good enough, they've lost a customer. Fingers crossed it was just early morning mood that lead to the tone being a little abrupt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi,you will have to let us know how you go on.

As any had this fault or heard about it PTC heater unit?
Got my new Leaf Tekna 31.02.2014 had it a week and heater and regeneration stopped working correctly still not got the car back, I am in a loan Leaf Visa.

·
Registered
295 Posts
So it's been in the dealers all day
Did it really need to be in the dealers all day for them to simply have a look and the take a couple of photos? My Leaf is only just over 2 months old and the seat is already looking a little saggy.

Probably a case of cutting corners on the material / manufacturing of the seats. Be interesting to hear the outcome.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts