Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not our highest mileage Leaf but here's one I have parked outside.
53k miles, 864 Rapid charges and 2433 level 1/2 charges in less than a year.
Sorry for the poor quality picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
53,000 miles, 66.39 A/h!

Just make sure it doesn't get left at a main repairing dealer for over 3 months whilst having a charger replaced under warranty like ours...left at 100% the whole time(Carwings spy)! :eek::eek::eek:

Ours is now 58A/h at 20,000 miles ODO, it has lost 4 A/h in the year we have owned it despite looking after it well ourselves, most of that loss took place in the three months it was being made serviceable again thanks to Nissan "cared for" o_Oo_Opractices:mad::mad::(.

·
Super Moderator
7,478 Posts
Not our highest mileage Leaf but here's one I have parked outside.
53k miles, 864 Rapid charges and 2433 level 1/2 charges in less than a year.
Sorry for the poor quality picture.
That's a lot of L1/L2 charges, does it really get plugged in more than six times a day?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a lot of L1/L2 charges, does it really get plugged in more than six times a day?
It's a taxi. If it's not moving it's charging. It may be plugged in for 5 minutes or 3 hours.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
53,000 miles, 66.39 A/h!

Just make sure it doesn't get left at a main repairing dealer for over 3 months whilst having a charger replaced under warranty like ours...left at 100% the whole time(Carwings spy)! :eek:

Ours is now 58A/h at 20,000 miles ODO, it has lost 4 A/h in the year we have owned it despite looking after it well ourselves, most of that loss took place in the three months it was being made serviceable again thanks to Nissan "cared for" practices:mad:
A cardinal sin leaving it at 100%. Luckily being a taxi ours are never left in that state - if they have charge then they are working.

Reactions: Sparky2

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah so they return to base in between jobs?
Or to the other "Bases" we have around town. As range is never "enough" they are topped up at any possible opportunity.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Michelle, them stats look very promising. Hardly any battery degradation! Keep up what ever you are doing :) does this mean the battery degrades with age more than use? Very interesting anyway!

Can you confirm this is a Gen 2 (UK built leaf)?

P.s if you want to take a screenshot on an android device you usually need to press the power button and the main menu button together. Or press the power button and volume down button if it's a nexus device. It will give you a better quality for future battery stats posts! :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Michelle, them stats look very promising. Hardly any battery degradation! Keep up what ever you are doing :) does this mean the battery degrades with age more than use? Very interesting anyway!

Can you confirm this is a Gen 2 (UK built leaf)?

P.s if you want to take a screenshot on an android device you usually need to press the power button and the main menu button together. Or press the power button and volume down button if it's a nexus device. It will give you a better quality for future battery stats posts! :)
This is a 63 plate UK Leaf. I'm not the technically minded one, my husband is but I would say our cars are charged / discharged constantly. Never left either empty or fully charged. Because they work 7 days a week nothing has time to cool down, on the other hand the batteries are never too hot.

I have a 13 plate 70k UK leaf as well who's batteries are also still in excellent health. We are convinced that one will not lose a bar before 100k

My husbands tablet, haven't a clue how to use it.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I'm sure Nissan would love a peek at your stats! Have you ordered 2 more LEAF for you fleet? Or is it the e-nv200?

You will have to install another rapid charger to keep up with the number of EVs you have! :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm sure Nissan would love a peek at your stats! Have you ordered 2 more LEAF for you fleet? Or is it the e-nv200?

You will have to install another rapid charger to keep up with the number of EVs you have! :)
We have just had a 2nd Rapid Charger installed. We should have an e-NV200 combi arriving shortly, would like a 2nd but the waiting time is January!

I think Nissan are waiting to see if we pass the 100k mark without losing a battery bar ;)

Reactions: Paul

·
Leaf lover
4,735 Posts
This is a 63 plate UK Leaf. I'm not the technically minded one, my husband is but I would say our cars are charged / discharged constantly. Never left either empty or fully charged. Because they work 7 days a week nothing has time to cool down, on the other hand the batteries are never too hot.

I have a 13 plate 70k UK leaf as well who's batteries are also still in excellent health. We are convinced that one will not lose a bar before 100k

My husbands tablet, haven't a clue how to use it.
I have always boasted that I simply pull into the drive and plug-in. It then charges up to 100%, which is most times, or I unplug and use the car again.
Now with 49k miles covered and one bar down and range dropping I am feeling a bit silly.
I really must get into this Leaf Spy stuff, trouble is I’m tablet (not heard that expression before) like your husband.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A cardinal sin leaving it at 100%. Luckily being a taxi ours are never left in that state - if they have charge then they are working.
You're right. I also know that now (but not because of any advice from Nissan). Only charge to 80% most of the time, if possible. Don't plug in unless down to below 40% (unless extra range required for an out-of-town trip). Keep the battery temperature at 15 to 25C maximum. Avoid driving beyond the LBW message too often, let alone VLBW.

If anybody needs proof, then this is it: 53,000 miles, 66.39 A/h!

I have always boasted that I simply pull into the drive and plug-in. It then charges up to 100%, which is most times, or I unplug and use the car again. Now with 49k miles covered and one bar down and range dropping...
If you are on a PCP deal, then Leaf battery degradation here in the UK really isn't too big an issue (unless you need the absolute maximum range). However OTOH, if you own your Leaf(+battery) or you are buying a second-hand Leaf(+battery) then Leaf-Spy or Leaf-DD can give you critically important information.

Reactions: Michelle C&C

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was also very surprised by my number of L1/L2 charges. Apparently, the L1/L2 count is the number of times plugged in plus the times unplugged. Don't ask me why! Just divide the L1/L2 count by 2 to get the true number of slow charges. But the QC number is the correct number of Rapid charges.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're right. I also know that now (but not because of any advice from Nissan). Only charge to 80% most of the time, if possible. Don't plug in unless down to below 40% (unless extra range required for an out-of-town trip). Keep the battery temperature at 15 to 25C maximum. Avoid driving beyond the LBW message too often, let alone VLBW.

If anybody needs proof, then this is it: 53,000 miles, 66.39 A/h!

We daily run ours down to the dashes, we have a few school contracts that are pushing the boundaries of the Leaf. Our drivers certainly don't suffer from range anxiety! :D
To be honest we run the taxis as the business needs and it looks like it suits the Leafs batteries.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was also very surprised by my number of L1/L2 charges. Apparently, the L1/L2 count is the number of times plugged in plus the times unplugged. Don't ask me why! Just divide the L1/L2 count by 2 to get the true number of slow charges. But the QC number is the correct number of Rapid charges.
I was too embarrassed to post up another Leaf that has had more than 6k level 1/2 charges!:p

Reactions: Paul

·
Registered
731 Posts
Mine will show a few then as I connect mine when I get home just to run the climate for the wife and kids for the school run.

I would leaf spy mine but I've bricked my nexus 7 :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was too embarrassed to post up another Leaf that has had more than 6k level 1/2 charges!:p
Don't be embarrassed! If this is your Gen-1 Leaf that has had >3,000 charges in ~3 years, then please tell us more!

Some of us folks here on SpeakEV with solar PV panels want our EVSE to switch on (automatically) when the sun comes out and then switch off when the sun goes back in again. However, we're concerned about the Leaf 3.8 kW charger being switched on and off several times per day - will it be damaged or wear out early? And will the battery suffer because of seeing >>10,000 cycles? It looks like you may perhaps already have the answer...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts