Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf e+
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed the new screen on the Nissan Leaf e+ configurator for 2020?

Seems to be on Tekna trims for both 40 / 62. Looks like there's also an additional connector on the USB port there, USB-C perhaps?

I am really curious when these changes came into effect, and I wonder when new deliveries of these changes might take place. My e+ is due for delivery on Friday, but not sure if it will end up being the old build or not. Guess I will have to wait and see! From what I read, the MY changeover is November, so could be pot luck as to where mine was in the pipeline?

Otherwise only other change I've seen is a rear USB port. Curious if anyone else knows of others?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Please see the link below to a LEAF 62KWh for sale on Autotrader, its 2020MY - the pictures (No12) shows the new USB sockets in the rear and the repositioning of the heated seat switch. Picture (No17) shows the front set up but has the old style usual front USB socket.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202001246533198?sort=relevance&radius=1500&make=NISSAN&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=e+ Tekna&model=LEAF&postcode=po122ar&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

The USB "C" front looks newer, wonder if it is for a different market ?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Oh that's a shame. I was hoping they would update the interior but it's basically the same. The air con controls date back to the original model I think!

Nissan are in trouble and probably not looking to make major changes to a vehicle made in the UK right now...

·
Registered
277 Posts
One interesting thing that I spotted when viewing the Leaf four wheel drive test vehicle video on youtube was an even bigger central screen. Difficult to work out the size from the video but it looked quite wide, possibly 12-14 inch long. Might be part of the kit that goes into the current cars next facelift. The current Leaf has a very dated dashboard even with this revised 2020 update.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,390 Posts
@Maui did they confirm your order as ”only” drinking at 50, or has it got the 100kw ability per original marketing blurb? / motoring press reviews ?

·
Registered
Leaf e+
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please see the link below to a LEAF 62KWh for sale on Autotrader, its 2020MY - the pictures (No12) shows the new USB sockets in the rear and the repositioning of the heated seat switch.
Thanks! Gives me hope that I could get an MY2020 then.

Some further oddities with the front USB-C port. This US spec video clearly shows 2 USB ports for the front: YT: 2020 Nissan Leaf Plus 62 kWh EV | Driving, Interior, Exterior (US Spec) - no redesigned touchscreen however...

Wonder what makes the UK market forego a USB-C port for a cruddy AUX connector? Curious to see the chances of a retrofit?

·
Registered
Leaf e+
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Maui did they confirm your order as ”only” drinking at 50, or has it got the 100kw ability per original marketing blurb? / motoring press reviews ?
I'm a company car fleet lease driver so did not detail specifics of charging speed, nor was it a big consideration in my decision. There is a number of 150Kw chargers cropping up around one of my longer commutes I might try someday.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Oh that's a shame. I was hoping they would update the interior but it's basically the same. The air con controls date back to the original model I think!

Nissan are in trouble and probably not looking to make major changes to a vehicle made in the UK right now...
Except that it’s also made in the US, France and Japan. Leaf is way past its sell by date wherever it’s made. I have owned 2 Leafs previously!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts