Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with the right hand edge of the gen 1 leaf tekna model, the scroll bars don't work unless you push the screen to the left, by like a centimeter or two if I want to scroll down and up. Seems like the screen isn't calibrated and has been like that since I bought it from Nissan in December but only managed to get back today.
The mechanic says all these leaf screens are not responsive like that on the right hand edge of the screen. Just wanted to check is this the case for everyone else?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an issue with the right hand edge of the gen 1 leaf tekna model, the scroll bars don't work unless you push the screen to the left, by like a centimeter or two if I want to scroll down and up. Seems like the screen isn't calibrated and has been like that since I bought it from Nissan in December but only managed to get back today.
The mechanic says all these leaf screens are not responsive like that on the right hand edge of the screen. Just wanted to check is this the case for everyone else?

View attachment 142874
Found the fix for this online in case anyone has a similar issue. Not impressed that the Nissan mechanic wasn't aware of this and fobbed me off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried to do this fix today but unfortunately the instructions only seem to work on later Leafs, maybe the 30kw models?
Does anyone know how to access the diagnostic screen on earlier leafs? Mine is 2015 24kwh model.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Happy days.

My 2015 tekna is exactly the same. Very annoying the first week of ownership trying to setup carwings etc!

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Happy days.

My 2015 tekna is exactly the same. Very annoying the first week of ownership trying to setup carwings etc!

thanks
I got my leaf at the start of December and I'm still battling with Nissan trying to get registered on it, 5 months of emails back and forward and keep being told 'it will be fixed soon'. Hope you have better luck!
Tip is to make sure there is no special character in the password, the field phone, city, and country are correctly filled in the form.
Worst system ever and when it goes wrong registering Nissan support haven't a clue how to fix it. The dealer warned me when handing the car over but I thought it would be OK with a bit of perserverance 😂

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got my leaf at the start of December and I'm still battling with Nissan trying to get registered on it, 5 months of emails back and forward and keep being told 'it will be fixed soon'. Hope you have better luck!
Tip is to make sure there is no special character in the password, the field phone, city, and country are correctly filled in the form.
Worst system ever and when it goes wrong registering Nissan support haven't a clue how to fix it. The dealer warned me when handing the car over but I thought it would be OK with a bit of perserverance 😂
I used the web chat platform on the Nissan website.

I have owned my leaf for around 2 months. The previous owner was still registered on the car wings account.

Once I had received the logbook I had to email the address supplied by Nissan chat, to include name/address and proof of ownership (photo of the inside of logbook). A few emails back and fourth which they replied to quite sharply and my account was setup in a few days.

But I also found out special characters mess up the car wings details! But all in was easy to setup! Ive heard others taking months and months!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used the web chat platform on the Nissan website.

I have owned my leaf for around 2 months. The previous owner was still registered on the car wings account.

Once I had received the logbook I had to email the address supplied by Nissan chat, to include name/address and proof of ownership (photo of the inside of logbook). A few emails back and fourth which they replied to quite sharply and my account was setup in a few days.

But I also found out special characters mess up the car wings details! But all in was easy to setup! Ive heard others taking months and months!
Yes I was on the phone them initially, then it got escalated. Now they are telling me the carwings account I set up got fragmented on the server and needs to be deleted off. They were able to delete the previous owners account in 24 hours after I provided proof of ownership but 5 months later I'm still waiting on 'technical team' to sort this.
I've actually set up an email barrage now to email them for an update every 3 days as they don't seem interested in supporting these older leafs! I'll move to one every day from next month if it's not sorted 😁

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes I was on the phone them initially, then it got escalated. Now they are telling me the carwings account I set up got fragmented on the server and needs to be deleted off. They were able to delete the previous owners account in 24 hours after I provided proof of ownership but 5 months later I'm still waiting on 'technical team' to sort this.
I've actually set up an email barrage now to email them for an update every 3 days as they don't seem interested in supporting these older leafs! I'll move to one every day from next month if it's not sorted 😁
That is astonishingly bad, from giving you a load of rubbish about your account (Come on, "fragmented on the server", do they think people are thick? Drop the entry in the table and make a new one!) to taking months to sort it out, Nissan can be right rubbish sometimes, they really can.

Have you tried ringing them again? I've only had to ring once but they were genuinely pretty good on the phone. I have a feeling their email server partially passes through a black hole every few hours and any emails received during that time vanish....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is astonishingly bad, from giving you a load of rubbish about your account (Come on, "fragmented on the server", do they think people are thick? Drop the entry in the table and make a new one!) to taking months to sort it out, Nissan can be right rubbish sometimes, they really can.

Have you tried ringing them again? I've only had to ring once but they were genuinely pretty good on the phone. I have a feeling their email server partially passes through a black hole every few hours and any emails received during that time vanish....
I'll have to phone again tomorrow and keep the pressure on, last time I phoned they told me the call was escalated to the technical team so they couldn't help until they respond. I complained to Nissan UK through their complaint form but they didn't answer that either. Dealers said its a Nissan issue so they can't help.
It's really bad customer service to trail someone along like this, I've been so busy working in the hospital its hard to get time free to phone them up to work this out. I'll keep trying though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes that's the email address I've been corresponding with since December, someone called Augustine has been emailing me, totally useless, promises to chase it up and never does.
I'll definitely give the chat a try, failing that I'll get on the phone and ask for a supervisor/manager to take some ownership.
Thanks again👍

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes that's the email address I've been corresponding with since December, someone called Augustine has been emailing me, totally useless, promises to chase it up and never does.
I'll definitely give the chat a try, failing that I'll get on the phone and ask for a supervisor/manager to take some ownership.
Thanks again👍
Well here's the response from today's enquiry, looks like 5 months isn't enough time for Nissan to delete my account from carwings. I contacted them on Web chat and ended up back with my email pen pal. Good to know these software engineers are working non stop to get it fixed 😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got sorted today and carwings account activated 5 months after buying my car from Nissan . Got an email earlier today from Nissan to say my carwings account was deleted so I was able to set it up from scratch again and it's working at last.
Not sure if it was me threatening to phone in every day for an update or one of my friends posting up my issue on Nissans twitter which pushed it on. Just glad it's sorted at last!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts