Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kwh 2016.

The subject heading says it all really. Particularly the drivers side is so loud it's embarrassing!

Is there a half decent cure for this? I don't want to start spraying this and that around if it won't work.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I have Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kwh 2016.

The subject heading says it all really. Particularly the drivers side is so loud it's embarrassing!

Is there a half decent cure for this? I don't want to start spraying this and that around if it won't work.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve
What do you mean by squeaky ? Do you mean a squeak when the window first starts to come down and "lets go" at the top ? If so, mine does that.

If you mean squeaking all the way down then I've never owned a car that has done that before...

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I've had this with various cars over the years.

A trace of washing up liquid or silicon spray in the slot works although not necessarily forever. Vaseline would last longer.
What about the silicone based lubricant that people in cold climates apply to car window rubbers to prevent their windows sticking to the rubber in cold temperatures ?

·
Premium Member
7,512 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Water resistant grease?

I was thinking more of the silicone "lipstick" applicators designed for door window rubbers.

A few years ago when we had really harsh winters I was having to use them to stop my windows being stuck to the rubbers, but haven't needed them for a few years now.

Any kind of waxy, water proof silicone grease in the runner rubbers would probably stop the squeaking, although since I've never had this squeaking problem on any car I couldn't be sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts