Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Max temp 6, lowest 2. Light intermitten rain last 40 miles.

Motorway trip to work, A and B roads home to avoid traffic accounted for 30 miles. The rest for work round town keeping up to speed limits of 30/40 /50 mph. Up to 3 passengers.

Driving style gentle acceleration, driving with the road. You would not get this range
on motorway or without driving with care to maximise range.

Experience shared for those potential Leaf drivers who in their hierachy of needs and values prioritise range from a charge above other things.

Heavy rain / headwind would have lessened range achieved.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Left home at 8:40. Home 19:30. But in the office for meetings in morning and numerous other locations throughout day.

So can't tell you. Other than that it will have been pretty much what my total driving time would have been in an ice.

Registered
I've never seen my battery meter that low, I'm not brave enough yet. Lowest I've seen is 8 miles. 95 actual miles from your Leaf in cold weather is most impressive, well done.

mk1 leaf 13 plate
Wow,the most miles ive had two months ago was 75 and now lucky if we get more than 40 with heating on gen 1. 13 plate leaf at 80% charge.well done hints and tips please.:()

Registered
Steves achievement all the more impressive in a visia with basic electric heater. I suspect he manfully drove with no heat. How to clear the windscreen in a visia? Is aircon the best idea? Lucky for me I now have an Acenta and my son drives the Visia, the cheeky so and so mentioned he wanted a computer like mine. In my young day heaters were an option and we were glad if the brakes worked occasionally.

Registered
Wow,the most miles ive had two months ago was 75 and now lucky if we get more than 40 with heating on gen 1. 13 plate leaf at 80% charge.well done hints and tips please.:()
Have you got a Leafspy setup? All you need is a very cheap ebay EOBD bluetooth adaptor and an Android phone. That way at least you get to know what the battery health is like.

I soon gave up the 80% charging when I tried it and ran short a few days later. Perhaps in the summer I will use it if it get really hot.

mk1 leaf 13 plate
Hi yes 3600mil 600 that we have done in the last 2 months since we bout it leaf spy said SOH 89% at 3000mil and now states 88% and 19kwt useable.sorry 75mil was at 100% charge and 40 was at 80% with heat on 23c:(

Registered
Hi yes 3600mil 600 that we have done in the last 2 months since we bout it leaf spy said SOH 89% at 3000mil and now states 88% and 19kwt useable.sorry 75mil was at 100% charge and 40 was at 80% with heat on 23c:(
How many Rapid charges does Leafspy report? 13 Plate seems quite late for a Gen1 I suspect your car may have sat around quite a lot of its life. What date is on the tyres? Only 3600 miles that is nothing. Sadly sitting around fully charged can use up battery life.

mk1 leaf 13 plate
Jdh 3112 dont know if thats a date tho!not alot of rapid charges tho.end of my vin is 0014712 ive heard you can tell the date from that.

Registered
Jdh 3112 dont know if thats a date tho!not alot of rapid charges tho.end of my vin is 0014712 ive heard you can tell the date from that.
We got a rough idea of UK built Gen2 serial numbers but yours is presumably Japan built and the first part is different I assume.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts