Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

My leaf will not lock. I get the fast beeps when trying to lock the doors via either the key fob or when i press the door or boot buttons.

I know you hear the fast beeps if you leave your keys inside the car, but are there any other reasons for getting the fas beeps.

Any ideas ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hi All.

My leaf will not lock. I get the fast beeps when trying to lock the doors via either the key fob or when i press the door or boot buttons.

I know you hear the fast beeps if you leave your keys inside the car, but are there any other reasons for getting the fas beeps.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Are you sure you've switched the car off? Or your spare keys aren't in the car somewhere?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Or your spare keys aren't in the car somewhere?
I once spent 10 minutes in a supermarket car park trying to lock my LEAF without success -- it just kept beeping. Had to resort to using the metal key.

It was only when I got home that it occurred to me that my spare key was in my rucksack... which was in the car. Ooops!

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Is the boot shut properly? I'm always having to go back and shut mine again.
Yep, just check all the doors as well. Does the Leaf have a little diagram on the dashboard to show open doors?
My eNV200 has a little diagram that shows the doors that are open.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry for the late reply.
ok, so the spare keys are in the car, but i still cannot locate them.
I think i have looked for at least 7 hours. My local nissan showroom staff looked for an hour yesterday also.
My kids have looked, the mrs & the father in law. Easily over 10 wo/man hours looking for the spare key and nobody can find it.
I did start to wonder if it was some kind of fault on the car, but my mrs who never loses her keys has lost her keys on the same day this issue started. So for that reason, i am absolutely certain the keys are in the car.I on the other hand lose my keys every time i put them down.

I did ask if i could get my key reprogrammed but we suspect that due to the keys being in the car, they will just program themselves back to the original code.

Currently i'm having to plug the car in and padlock it so that the car cannot be driven off by anyone that wants to. The doors remain unlocked.

Im booking it into my local dealer. Let the dismantling of the car begin.

Wheres the key lol.

I can drive off and leave the spare at home. turn the car off, then get back into it and just start it up and drive off again.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That is a bit freaky, sound like you need some kind of key fob locator

I once spent 10 minutes in a supermarket car park trying to lock my LEAF without success -- it just kept beeping. Had to resort to using the metal key.

It was only when I got home that it occurred to me that my spare key was in my rucksack... which was in the car. Ooops!
I did the exact same thing last year on camping trip. :)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Get your wife to look for the keys if she lost them. Get her to say keys, keys, keys out loud, it's a "brain hack" for finding lost things as it gets your mind concentrating on remembering where they are.
Check in weird places in the car like inside the seat between the back and seat cushions.
Slide the seats forward and back, fold the back seats fully, all the pockets in the doors etc.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I lost my sunglasses in the door pocket for a few days. They go back way further than I realised to a point where you can't really reach in from above. This is the front door pockets.

However I think I found them when they slid forwards one day under braking so suspect you'd notice the keys doing that as well!

·
Registered
343 Posts
My wedding ring fell off while I was driving and disappeared into the hole at the back of the runner for the passenger seat near the centre console.

Took a hell of a job to get it back without resorting to dismantling the seat. Still doesn't beat my dad losing his wedding ring under Peterhead power plant.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
ok, so the spare keys are in the car, but i still cannot locate them.
I think i have looked for at least 7 hours. My local nissan showroom staff looked for an hour yesterday also.
My kids have looked, the mrs & the father in law. Easily over 10 wo/man hours looking for the spare key and nobody can find it.
I did start to wonder if it was some kind of fault on the car, but my mrs who never loses her keys has lost her keys on the same day this issue started. So for that reason, i am absolutely certain the keys are in the car.I on the other hand lose my keys every time i put them down.

I did ask if i could get my key reprogrammed but we suspect that due to the keys being in the car, they will just program themselves back to the original code.

Currently i'm having to plug the car in and padlock it so that the car cannot be driven off by anyone that wants to. The doors remain unlocked.

Im booking it into my local dealer. Let the dismantling of the car begin.

Wheres the key lol.

I can drive off and leave the spare at home. turn the car off, then get back into it and just start it up and drive off again.
did you find it in the end. i have the exact same problem with my leaf today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts