Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Visited my local Nissan dealership in Aberdeen and was quoted £360 a month for a LEAF30 Tekna, metallic paint, 2 year PCP, 10000 miles p/a with no deposit. I would be willing to put down £1,000 but as I was just looking for initial quotes he just did this quote for me.

How much would you expect to pay for this spec with a £1k deposit? My hope was about £230. Is that unrealistic? LEAF 2018 being unveiled tomorrow should lower the price of the LEAF 30 slightly in the coming months right?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Yeah that's a 'go away' quote. It's weird, we pay £199 with £199 despot for our Tekna.

You would think Nissan would want to clear all the old model but I guess they don't have enough left to bother making a deal. After Tomorrow... maybe?

Reactions: fru95thu

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That seems quite high. In March this year you could get a Tekna 30, white, 3.3 charger for about 25 x £200.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The issue may be the 2 year length. They have to make sure to account for the depreciation over the shorter timespan and with no/low deposit that makes it more difficult too, hence the higher price.

I think there’s a deal going on with £2000 Nissan deposit contribution, that might help a bit.
I would be willing to do a PCP over 3 years and deposit £1k or more but I've heard quite a few people here getting deals of around £200 a month with less than £1k dep. Anyone willing to give me the name of the dealership they got their cheap deals from would be welcome

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's a 'go away' quote. It's weird, we pay £199 with £199 despot for our Tekna.

You would think Nissan would want to clear all the old model but I guess they don't have enough left to bother making a deal. After Tomorrow... maybe?
That was my thought exactly. It makes me lose my faith in car salesmen even more when they quote very high prices like that..They know people will shop around.

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
Best from lease companies is around £250 personal lease with 3 months in advance. Acenta is quite a bit cheaper so perhaps more stock of those?

Nissan Leaf Hatchback

Tekna deals from earlier this year seem to have gone and I am not sure they have fields of them they need to sell cheap... You might get a deal on an ex demo but not until they get new Leaf demo cars.

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
LEAF 2018 being unveiled tomorrow should lower the price of the LEAF 30 slightly in the coming months right?
Some colours and trim levels are no longer available to order. There may not be much inventory to shift.
I think the facelift is coming sooner rather than later but that is a guess. We should know more tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
That seems quite high. In March this year you could get a Tekna 30, white, 3.3 charger for about 25 x £200.
Huge discounts like that may never come back. We are shopping for a £15,000 Mazda 2 and getting PCP quotes around £500 + £220 x 42.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Huge discounts like that may never come back. We are shopping for a £15,000 Mazda 2 and getting PCP quotes around £500 + £220 x 42.
Yes, all of us who got those sort of deals back then were quite lucky.

I was thinking that with the new release imminent, they might just repeat the good deals to shift the remaining stock.

That said, it is looking like they have been pretty good at trimming the stock levels down of the 'old' model, judging by what people are being offered and also what new stock is actually available now.

But I wouldn't pay anything like the OP has been quoted for an outgoing model of any car.

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
But I wouldn't pay anything like the OP has been quoted for an outgoing model of any car.
I wouldn't pay for for a LEAF 30 now. -- If we were looking now, I'd wait a few days then decide between the facelift and a near new 30. Should be a raft of ex demos soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I wouldn't pay for for a LEAF 30 now. -- If we were looking now, I'd wait a few days then decide between the facelift and a near new 30. Should be a raft of ex demos soon.
Agreed. I will be eagerly awaiting the LEAF2018 unveiling tomorrow morning and the order/delivery dates and prices.

Used LEAF30 or a new LEAF2018. I would love the new model, just hoping the monthly PCP costs aren't £360+.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cheapest quote I had from a couple of weeks ago was £500 down, £277.93 a month for 10k miles on a Tekna, Red, 36 months. From what I can gather, they have shifted all of their showroom stock now so there isn't much left. As others have said, probably best to wait until the launch tomorrow, see how keen they are to shift any left in the chain before the new model is available.

·
Registered
49 Posts
One year old 30kw Tekna with 13 k on the clock on 10k miles a year -only £ 363 a month to you sir :eek:. I don't think bristolstreet Nissan will be getting my business some how . :(

·
Registered
469 Posts
I guess it's evidence of just how much manufacturer price support was involved to get the new Leaf deals we enjoyed over the last couple of years. I recently had an offer for a new 30kWh Tekna at around £260 deposit and 36 months at £260 and gave it a pass as I hoped I could get a better price. Now stock is an issue, and the best offer for their Accenta demo was £100/month more as there was no deposit contributions (this was prior to the latest "scrappage" deals)! I'd like to stick with a Leaf, but looks more likely I'll be switching to a Kia Soul EV if there are no immediate deals from Nissan for the new facelift Leaf.

·
Super Moderator
11,529 Posts
guess it's evidence of just how much manufacturer price support was involved to get the new Leaf
Our Tekna 30 had £5862 off the price + PICG + £1000 deposit contribution from RCI. That's £11,362.50 off. On top of that the residual (GFV) is subvented at £15,312. A car that was sold to us for £18,711 should NOT be worth £15,312 after two years. That is nearly 82% of the true sale price.

Recent deals have a more realistic residual and only a modest deposit contribution. We've been shopping for a small ICE car and that sort of deal is the norm. -- The discount on LEAF earlier this year was HUGE.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts