Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has gone for any accessories and if you would recommend any of them or if they’re a waste of money?

In particular I’m interested in getting the floor mats although I wonder if the mats for the older leaf would fit the new leaf just as well? I would prefer rubber ones but from what I can see there are only carpet ones available (for leaf40).

I also really like the look of the cargo organiser:

Does anyone have this already?

Many thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I liked the idea of cargo organiser too but given the infrequent use of the boot I stuck to the ‘protection pack’ in blue.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I have the Dynamic Pack in blue, the Protection Pack, mud flaps, Shark Fin and have the inner trim protection for the boot lip left to be fitted.

In addition I used e a Brodie ProClip to the A pillar with the remains of a Fix2Car tilt & swivel base and a Mous Wall Mount (magnetic) to fit my iPhone X to do I can use LeafSpy & Tom Tom GO Mobile.

BlackVue DR750S-2CH dual channel dash cam. Also some caps to protect the front suspension struts, but the struts may not have the same problem that the old car suffered.

I also have fitted a Shoft seatbelt thingy to the front seatbelts.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I liked the idea of cargo organiser too but given the infrequent use of the boot I stuck to the ‘protection pack’ in blue.
Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone has gone for any accessories and if you would recommend any of them or if they’re a waste of money?

In particular I’m interested in getting the floor mats although I wonder if the mats for the older leaf would fit the new leaf just as well? I would prefer rubber ones but from what I can see there are only carpet ones available (for leaf40).

I also really like the look of the cargo organiser:

Does anyone have this already?

Many thanks
That's not a Leaf 40.
Nissan do one for the Leaf 2, but when I looked into it, the organiser does not go past the Bose, so there is a big gap between the back of the organiser and the back of the seats. I guess you could put the cables or something else behind there, but to me, it doesn’t look right, so didn’t bother. At £180 or thereabouts it seems a lot of money for a poorly designed piece of plastic moulding.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got a set of mats from Ebay. They are genuine Nissan and they fit brilliantly and look really smart. The driver mat clips into place and the other 3 just fit into place. Passenger one shown as driver one is already dirty.
20181220_122311.jpg

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Someone posted up a 3d printable coin holder that sits beautifully in the arm rest.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also got a "Zero emissions" bumper protector from Ebay which I fitted this morning. Before, during and after pictures to follow. Am very pleased with it. This is it after opening the pack.
20181220_110040.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fitting it in place before sticking. Note the black plastic spacers at either end taped in place so you get the correct spacing between the lip of the boot and the protector. I laid them incorrectly (landscape rather than portrait) so the gap is not quite big enough. It looks fine though, no big deal. I discovered this when I read the instructions. After fitting! More of this later.
20181220_121447.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Regarding the instructions which I failed to read before I did the job. There is a website which holds fitting instructions for Nissan accessories. Nissan Publications
You click on the map to get your country (Europe didn't seem to work so I clicked on America which was fine). You put in the car model and the accessory type and accessory and you get very detailed instructions, step by step with diagrams.

·
Registered
443 Posts
We went for several:

Spare wheel
Premium Design pack in blue (door mirrors, door sill strips, Illuminated (front) stainless steel sill protectors x4
Front accents (blue)

IMG_4508.jpg

Door mats with blue ‘LEAF’

Ambient (footwell) lighting
We did order the shark fin aerial as well but this has been withdrawn due to DAB issues.
Gtechniq Crystal Serum coating.
LEDs for the interior lights (central one in the roof one also done)

LED for the boot light

LEDs for the No. plate lights
IMG_3928.jpg

LED reversing lights
IMG_3893.jpg

LED foglight bulbs (LED on right, OE halogen on left)
IMG_3889.jpg

Strut top covers
IMG_3881.jpg

17” Juke winter wheels and tyres (refurbished in light anthracite)
30876554487_18c7683a9b_k.jpg

Blackvue DR750S 2CH front and rear dashcams

·
Registered
6 Posts
I added the mudflaps, chrome mirror caps and the shark fin. Only issue I get with the shark fin, which is probably a DAB signal issue anyway, is that it will flip over to FM more than it used to when the signal is weak.

I made guides for all 3 of these on my YouTube channel. RSThinks if you are interested in seeing how to fit these. The shark fin, I didn't actually film the installation as it was too fiddly. Lots of trim panels and roof liner had to be removed to get to the existing aerial mount on the inner roof.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts