Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 66 plate 12k to buy

I would have liked to see the SOH over 90 but wonder if this is likely related to high fast charge ratio - I will be slow charging on 6.6 mainly if purchased

Would prefer better but doesn’t seem a shocker

Wot do people think ?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
It’s a main dealer 24kw battery with 6.6kw charger. I checked another couple on the forecourt and they were over 90 and hardly any Rapid charges by comparison

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Not good and close to losing first bar. You really need to see the voltage difference when fully charged as well. I would guess that the loss is more due to being left at a high SOC rather than the 90 Quick Charges recorded. What spec is it?

·
Registered
5,120 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s a 24kw tekna - ive come away to have a think about it and ideally want the 6.6 but i agree it’s clise to loosing a bar - I’m erring towards being patient and keeping on looking

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looking at used Leaf Teknas of that age on Nissan UK, auto trader etc I thought it actually appeared a good price - but if I’m missing them cheaper let me know. I agree though it becomes less attractive with the battery as it is.

Interestingly I watched a 2014 leaf owner roll in for a rapid charge. It just looked like a local making use of the free charge option but it made me think that for those who haven't considered (or don't care about) long term battery maintenance then saving a quid or two is more important.

Leaf Spy & OBD2 - best £40 i’ve spent in a while

·
Registered
943 Posts
In nov 2017 we bought a 2.5 year old 15 plate Leaf 24 Tekna with 13300 miles. I didn't leafspy it before buying, but a few days later a friend did and it was 88.4% which was a bit disappointing.

In July 2019 we sold it with 25500 miles. Lowest ever seen on Leafspy was immediately before selling it and it was 87.99%

However, as said, price is too high for a Leaf 24.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi

Back home in the warm now having circumnavigated the M25 and storm Dennis (apologies for any typos above - cold hands on the forecourt).

Really appreciate your comments as on paper it was the right car (hence travelling to view) but having thought on it I'm gonna pass as there were also a few other niggles.

I was able to leaf spy a couple of other cars whilst there as well as at another accommodating dealership i popped into on the way home. Out of 4 cars tested, some older, some newer, all were above 91% and ranged in age from 2014 to 2017.

Overall a useful exercise even if it didn't net me the car i was hoping for.

With regard to pricing I'm inclined to disagree ... but am happy to be corrected. £11,900 (which is what we'd got down to) for a 66 plate 24kw tekna with the 6.6kw charger and 9k miles is definitely a fair if not good price for a nissan dealer supplied car. I can find a couple of similar cars albeit slightly more expensive and these are without the 6.6 charger which was a 1k+ optional extra on most of the gen 1's and is therefore hard to come by.

I am however in a quandary between a 24kw tekna preferably with 6.6 (this would be my ideal car) or a 30kw leaf (albeit at 12-13k you won't get a tekna from a dealer only the acenta (& i like the leather). TBH depends on what turns up as i can take or leave the extra range of the 30kw as its a 2nd car for local use only.

Prices seem to have firmed up a bit and possibly increased over the last 2 yrs since a dealer friend suggested Leafs could be a cheap option - I think the market woke up a little.

The search goes on but all the more educated for today so a big thanks

Reactions: Roomster Richard

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Personally I'd be happy to buy one with more mileage on as the battery will likely have not stood for as long with a high % charge and hence be in better condition. I appreciate what you said about wanting the faster charger but I question the value - adding 20 miles/hour charging rather than 10 seems of little benefit when you have the Chademo for Rapid charging, particularly if you have a charge point at home or work where you generally are for long enough to fully charge. As an example I would look at something like this:

Nissan Leaf 2017 (17 reg) (30kWh) Tekna 5dr Price £12,500

I don't know the car or the vendor but it seems a sensible compromise at 21,000 miles and an asking price of only marginally higher although from a private seller. Alternatively from a Dealer:

Nissan Leaf 2016 (66 reg) (30kWh) Tekna 5dr Price £12,795

Good luck with your hunting!

·
Registered
578 Posts
With regard to pricing I'm inclined to disagree ... but am happy to be corrected. £11,900 (which is what we'd got down to) for a 66 plate 24kw tekna with the 6.6kw charger and 9k miles is definitely a fair if not good price for a nissan dealer supplied car.
Only you need to be satisfied with the price, and sounds like you are happy to pay £12k for a 24kWh around 90% SOH. It's fair enough if you want to the piece of mind from a dealer, and 6.6kW charging is a must have. Have you put the reg into the autotrader 'value your car'? What is the p/ex price?

I was in a similar situation last year, and it's possible to spend a lot of time trawling adverts, doing all the checks, dealing with salespeople and their agendas. In the end I gave up and went the PCH route as it seemed a better gamble than risking the thick end of £20k on an asset with questionable warranty, and even more questionable resale value.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi

Back home in the warm now having circumnavigated the M25 and storm Dennis (apologies for any typos above - cold hands on the forecourt).

Really appreciate your comments as on paper it was the right car (hence travelling to view) but having thought on it I'm gonna pass as there were also a few other niggles.

I was able to leaf spy a couple of other cars whilst there as well as at another accommodating dealership i popped into on the way home. Out of 4 cars tested, some older, some newer, all were above 91% and ranged in age from 2014 to 2017.

Overall a useful exercise even if it didn't net me the car i was hoping for.

With regard to pricing I'm inclined to disagree ... but am happy to be corrected. £11,900 (which is what we'd got down to) for a 66 plate 24kw tekna with the 6.6kw charger and 9k miles is definitely a fair if not good price for a nissan dealer supplied car. I can find a couple of similar cars albeit slightly more expensive and these are without the 6.6 charger which was a 1k+ optional extra on most of the gen 1's and is therefore hard to come by.

I am however in a quandary between a 24kw tekna preferably with 6.6 (this would be my ideal car) or a 30kw leaf (albeit at 12-13k you won't get a tekna from a dealer only the acenta (& i like the leather). TBH depends on what turns up as i can take or leave the extra range of the 30kw as its a 2nd car for local use only.

Prices seem to have firmed up a bit and possibly increased over the last 2 yrs since a dealer friend suggested Leafs could be a cheap option - I think the market woke up a little.

The search goes on but all the more educated for today so a big thanks
I was in a similar position a few weeks ago. 30kw acenta or 24kw tekna. Went with the Tekna, and glad I did. It's all a bit personal opinion and requirements but for me, the extra tekna features trumped the range of the 30kw.

My commute is 40 mile round trip. Worst I've ended with 30% charge arriving home (almost 2 hours of driving in the snow with heating at 22 degrees), best is 49%. Obviously, that'll get better once weather improves. The commute is up and down a mountain too.

Those heated steering wheel and seats features are great, led headlights are very good and when you stream highest quality setting spotify through the Bose system, its pretty good. The 4 camera system works well. Press the camera button when forward parking to get the forward view, press again and you zoom in on the kerb for accurate parking. I use this more than I thought I would.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
i paid 13k for a 2017 30kwh Tekna last year... albeit a private sale and a car that had a bit over 40k on it.

12k for an older 24kwh car feels a bit "owch" to me. But i guess its dealer premium and a huge premium for "low mileage" which i personally dont think is a great thing in any car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts