Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 30kWh LEAF has had the BMS update done some time ago. Just fired up Leafspy for the first time in ages and noticed it isn't matching the dash. For example, right now the car dash says 21% and Leafspy reports 26.0% SOC and 18.9% GIDs.

I understand the GIDs being lower (my SoH is about 90%) but not the reported SOC being higher.

Had anyone else noticed this? If it's relevant the battery is cold (about 6C).

·
Registered
158 Posts
My 30kWh LEAF has had the BMS update done some time ago. Just fired up Leafspy for the first time in ages and noticed it isn't matching the dash. For example, right now the car dash says 21% and Leafspy reports 26.0% SOC and 18.9% GIDs.

I understand the GIDs being lower (my SoH is about 90%) but not the reported SOC being higher.

Had anyone else noticed this? If it's relevant the battery is cold (about 6C).
It would be handy to have a screenshot of leafspy, what I found when I had the same issue was a bad cell in the battery it was significantly lower than the rest.
This causes the bms to report a lower soc% than what leafspy reports as leafspy reports actual soc%, however it is what the bms reports that is important at the bms will always do its calculations off of the lowest cell.
I found that they say the same almost when car is fully charged at 100% lspy would be 97.3% ish then the further down the charge went the greater disparity between the 2 readings.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be handy to have a screenshot of leafspy, what I found when I had the same issue was a bad cell in the battery it was significantly lower than the rest.
I took this last month at fairly low SOC:

Nothing to suggest I have a bad cell.

·
Registered
158 Posts
looking at your 1st post the difference you said is only 5% mine was a lot higher than that, so I wouldnt be fussed about it,
mine was like hitting a brick wall I could do 30miles with both soc% about the same and then the bms soc would plummet while lspy soc would be a lot higher, as I said earlier due to weak cell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts