Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I finally got my bluetooth OBDII dongle and connected it to LeafSpy Lite on Android.

I have no idea what anything means!

The closest I can find to a manual is this:
WIND-WORKS: Leaf Spy--an Essential Tool for Serious Nissan Leaf Drivers

But I don't have most of the screens shown. I only have 2 screens available: Battery Temperature and Voltage Histogram. So I don't have the screen that people usually post on here when talking about leafspy.

Also, how to take screenshot from leafspy?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some stats I see at the top are:
AHr = 59.66
SOH=92%
374.0V
Hx=91.25%
odo=42488 miles
492 QCs (guess this means quick charge, this is a high number?)
972 L1/L2s (guess means fast/slow charge)

·
Super Moderator
7,234 Posts
There's more screens in the Pro version. Taking a screenshot is the same as you would do anywhere on the phone (that probably varies by device for android)

The stats you do have seem ok, my car is a gen 1, on 40k miles, and is down to 54Ah, they start at 66Ah. You will probably lose your first battery bar around 60k miles, all things being equal.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It's a pretty bad UI, but does the job. I finally got around to using it the other day.

Some things I found out:

Switching screens is best done tapping on the bottom left where the dots are. Swiping seems very hit and miss.

Most things don't work unless the car is powered up.and ready to go.

The service screen (which has the lock settings etc. in) has to be manually enabled in settings. It's not there by default, also it seems to disable itself each run of the app.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is it worth the £15 they're asking in the App Store? I can't think of how useful it will be. I'm giving the car back in a year so battery health matters little. Any other reason for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How to see GIDs? Or is SOC the same thing?

It says SOC=48.6% but I am pretty sure the car dash was saying battery = 45% when I got out. I guess the car holds back some % to get you some extra miles when you are running on VLBW/turtle.

·
Super Moderator
7,234 Posts
How to see GIDs? Or is SOC the same thing?

It says SOC=48.6% but I am pretty sure the car dash was saying battery = 45% when I got out. I guess the car holds back some % to get you some extra miles when you are running on VLBW/turtle.
The SOC is the real SOC of the battery, the number on the dashboard is the % of the -usable- range. When the dash says 100% the true SOC is about 95%. When the dash says 0%, the true SOC is about 5%.

I think you can tap on the SOC% to see different values, although I am using the iOS version so may be different.

·
Super Moderator
7,234 Posts
Is it worth the £15 they're asking in the App Store? I can't think of how useful it will be. I'm giving the car back in a year so battery health matters little. Any other reason for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No not really, unless you have diagnostic codes that need to be reset for some reason, or you want a more accurate range meter than the one on the dashboard.

·
Registered
778 Posts
So our first dongle from ebay was a 2.1 not the advertised 1.5

Our next which someone on here said worked from Amazon appears not to - when we plug it in only the first red led lights up not either of the other 2 and leafspy says there is a problem and doesn't connect.

Is there something wrong with the dongle that the centre led doesn't light up when it is plugged in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts