Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2016 Acenta a few months back, so far I'm relatively pleased with the car :)

However, I'm very much a newbie to E.V's but a little internet surfing and I've discovered the Leafspy app. It appears it might be an idea to purchase and download it. A couple of questions though. Firstly will it work well with an iPhone SE? Secondly is any hardware required to use it?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

Yes and yes ;)
I use this one
LeafSpyPro description will have other options.
DON'T divert too much to cheaper options as they rarely work

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome :)

Yes and yes ;)
I use this one
LeafSpyPro description will have other options.
DON'T divert too much to cheaper options as they rarely work
Thanks for the link :) I'll order one of those.

Is the LeafSpy very simple to connect and use?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I plug my dongle once and never took it off.
Put the cover away and leave it there, they have a power off timer so once you stop using it it will go out.
The wi-fi version will stop you from using data connection. That's the only disadvantage if this unit while if you go for the bluetooth ones you won't loose data connection.
To connect:
plug the dongle,
turn on the ignition (full mode)
wait a few seconds for the lights go on,
open wifi settings and connect to dongle, maybe will need pairing code
once connected open the app
it should take a few seconds to connect (you will see the yellow rectangle go green on bottom right corner of screen
If it doesn't connect, open settings and make sure the battery is the correct one (24, 30, 40 or 63KWH) year should be correct too.
when finished settings, run a backup for the settings so it will store them.
go back to the app and it should be working.

If not, do all over again. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the cover away and leave it there, they have a power off timer so once you stop using it it will go out.
The wi-fi version will stop you from using data connection. That's the only disadvantage if this unit while if you go for the bluetooth ones you won't loose data connection.
To connect:
plug the dongle,
it should take a few seconds to connect (you will see the yellow rectangle go green on bottom right corner of screen
If it doesn't connect, open settings and make sure the battery is the correct one (24, 30, 40 or 63KWH) year should be correct too.

Thank you very much for supplying those instructions, much appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Forgot to mention (probably because isn't important to me) that you can get a 90deg connector extension so you can put the cover back.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If you are willing to spend the extra bucks on it just to have that little bit of the car looking nice.
I bet you that you will forget to unplug it when you take the car to the garage...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Forgot to mention (probably because isn't important to me) that you can get a 90deg connector extension so you can put the cover back.
Anyone got a link to one that will allow the cover to be replaced ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Anyone got a link to one that will allow the cover to be replaced ?

Thanks
You know Google can do this, right?...

·
Registered
4 Posts
You know Google can do this, right?...
Absolutely - just wanted one that would definitely fit

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To connect:
plug the dongle,

Just about to purchase the dongle. I have the option of blue tooth or wi-fi, which option is the better one would you say?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Just about to purchase the dongle. I have the option of blue tooth or wi-fi, which option is the better one would you say?
The difference is that Wi-Fi will disable the data connection while bluetooth will allow you to use the data connection.
Modern phones (Android) allow multiple bluetooth connections while Wi-Fi is restricted to 1 connection.
The advantage of Wi-Fi is that you won't get distracted with Whatsapp messages or things like that :)
If you can get a dedicate phone just for the LSP then any will do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts