Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know this has been discussed a lot, and the consensus is it just leaks past the first seal. But before xmas I discovered the door card and side of dash on the drivers side had water ingress after heavy rain with driving wind. I say that as it hasn't happened otherwise, but was quite concerning and annoying as it then took an age to demist the car with water in the interor. Is there any service recalls or fixes for the door seals on this basis?

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are a few other posts on this topic on here if you have a good dig around. This one's quite useful: New Zoe GT doors leaking?

My new Zoe was dripping down on to the inside of the door when I was driving on the motorway in heavy rain. I took it back to the dealer I bought it off. They made a half arsed attempt to reproduce it, said they couldn't, and refused to keep it until there was heavy rain to test it properly because they 'didn't have enough space'.

I took it to a different (much more helpful) dealer, who tried to reproduce it but failed. They did something the first time that actually made the leak slightly worse, so I took it back a second time. This time they replaced the seal. So far, the leak has not re-occurred - but I've not been out in any really heavy rain for a decent distance yet. I've driven 20 miles down the motorway in moderate rain, but I'm still half expecting that the next time I go out for a longer drive in a proper downpour it'll start happening again.

Why on earth they did not design the car with the door sunk into the frame so that it sits flush with it is a mystery to me. The current design is more like the guttering for a house roof, except that when you're driving the wind forces all the water back up the downpipe so it spills over the guttering and into your living room :rolleyes:.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts