Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be a bunch of us Soul EVers who took up the excellent Drive Electric deal about 2 years ago coming up to end of lease (or already ended). I've extended mine for a year - happy with the car and got a good quote for 15k of extra mileage. All very simples, you just go through Lex Autolease customer services.

What are others doing, anyone handing it back?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Our lease runs out in July. Lex has offered to extend another year, 10k miles for payments £6/month lower than current starting March. I just have to complete the paperwork. Seems an obvious choice. If we can't afford a Model Y after that, then we could extend for a 5th year.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I asked DE about extending the lease on our Soul shortly after delivery, they said no at that time.
Given that we still really like the car and it's quite frankly a splendid deal at £199/month for 8k miles/year I will certainly be interested in extending for another year.
Enquiries are through Lex not DE?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
"you were lucky" I was not offered that option via DE despite asking three times, had it been available I would almost certainly have taken it and as a bonus wouldn't have been in this crappy i3.
Perhaps I should have gone through Lex rather than DE that didnt occur to me.
Hopefully your experience / post will help others.
BTW when handing it back to Lex eventually check out my thread on "missing" charge cable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked DE about extending the lease on our Soul shortly after delivery, they said no at that time.
Given that we still really like the car and it's quite frankly a splendid deal at £199/month for 8k miles/year I will certainly be interested in extending for another year.
Enquiries are through Lex not DE?

Yes, Lex give you the quote and then if accepted send paperwork to sign - you then just scan and send by email. When I spoke to them they said you can extend for up to 2 yrs, but only 12 months at a time. It should work out cheaper than your current deal as well, at least it is at the moment.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got a quote from LEX; an extra £6/month for an extended 12 month lease for 8k miles. So that'll be about £205/month... I think I can live with that.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,076 Posts
A third year will probably cost you an extra £20 to £30pm than you might have been quoted ....

... Don't forget, get rid at two years old and you should have avoided buying new tyres for it.

I did ask about extending, and did not receive a response, that was prior to ordering a replacement EV, so they had a small chance, and blew it.

Car was delivered with misaligned panels and shipping damage. Has let me down twice, though not stranded, but two extra visits to dealers. I am not particularly interested in 'snagging' new cars, that's not what I am paying money for.

Software and EV specific features on the Soul are terrible. Very badly thought about. I do not think anyone that designed the software systems on this car ever drove one for a whole day or more.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Car was delivered with misaligned panels and shipping damage. Has let me down twice, though not stranded, but two extra visits to dealers. I am not particularly interested in 'snagging' new cars, that's not what I am paying money for.

Software and EV specific features on the Soul are terrible. Very badly thought about. I do not think anyone that designed the software systems on this car ever drove one for a whole day or more.
Interesting how people's opinion of cars hardens once they have moved on. I have noticed similar with the road tests of cars - a reviewer will say that the current model of a cars has no faults despite them being obvious to everyone else, then when the new model comes out say how much better that is as it doesn't have the faults of the prevous version.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,076 Posts
Interesting how people's opinion of cars hardens once they have moved on. I have noticed similar with the road tests of cars - a reviewer will say that the current model of a cars has no faults despite them being obvious to everyone else, then when the new model comes out say how much better that is as it doesn't have the faults of the prevous version.
My opinions always aim to be objective, not always achieved but it is the case here. There is no hardening or otherwise. I have condemned all these things in the Soul from day one.

In fact, the opposite. Experience in year one was 'definitely hand back', in year two 'I could live with it, at the right price'. That's a softening opinion.

The reason I focused on the negative aspects rather than the positive, of which there are plenty too, was that the positive reasons are not reasons that influenced my decision to continue/discontinue the lease. That decision is because of the negative reasons!

Emphasis to be drawn on my explanation for why these issues are significant; "I am not particularly interested in 'snagging' new cars, that's not what I am paying money for. "

·
Registered
52 Posts
Our MY18 is through DE but I spoke to both Lex and DE six months before the end of the 2 years. We had ordered a new MY20 car but had no idea when it would arrive so I went for a rolling month by month extension.

About £10-£15 more per month than the equivalent increase for an additional year, but I preferred the ability to hand back when the new car arrived. Which it now has, so we'll see how the handing back goes (or indeed, "if" in the present situation).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts