Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be a bunch of us Soul EVers who took up the excellent Drive Electric deal about 2 years ago coming up to end of lease (or already ended). I've extended mine for a year - happy with the car and got a good quote for 15k of extra mileage. All very simples, you just go through Lex Autolease customer services.

What are others doing, anyone handing it back?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Our lease runs out in July. Lex has offered to extend another year, 10k miles for payments £6/month lower than current starting March. I just have to complete the paperwork. Seems an obvious choice. If we can't afford a Model Y after that, then we could extend for a 5th year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I asked DE about extending the lease on our Soul shortly after delivery, they said no at that time.
Given that we still really like the car and it's quite frankly a splendid deal at £199/month for 8k miles/year I will certainly be interested in extending for another year.
Enquiries are through Lex not DE?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
"you were lucky" I was not offered that option via DE despite asking three times, had it been available I would almost certainly have taken it and as a bonus wouldn't have been in this crappy i3.
Perhaps I should have gone through Lex rather than DE that didnt occur to me.
Hopefully your experience / post will help others.
BTW when handing it back to Lex eventually check out my thread on "missing" charge cable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked DE about extending the lease on our Soul shortly after delivery, they said no at that time.
Given that we still really like the car and it's quite frankly a splendid deal at £199/month for 8k miles/year I will certainly be interested in extending for another year.
Enquiries are through Lex not DE?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yes, Lex give you the quote and then if accepted send paperwork to sign - you then just scan and send by email. When I spoke to them they said you can extend for up to 2 yrs, but only 12 months at a time. It should work out cheaper than your current deal as well, at least it is at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts