Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Regular contributor
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if there are any lease drivers here and can share if they have access to their cars MyTesla Web Account after login?
I queried the fact (with VirtualServiceUK) that I cannot see my M3 in the account (although Android App is fine with same login details).

Tesla Virtual Service UK came back with this ..

Thank you for your email and your query regarding access to the MyTesla page online.

I have had a look at your account and can see that it looks to be correctly set up so you should have access to your Tesla via the App on your phone, which you confirmed below.
Your MyTesla Account on the internet via your lap/desktop will however be somewhat restricted because the Lease Company are the registered owners of the vehicle.

I hope this helps
Kind regards

Tesla Virtual Service Team
Now for me this doesn't help at all! All of my colleagues that have been through the nightmare of Leaseplan / Tesla order and delivery do already have access to their cars via their MyTesla account. And others here may recognise the pain to get through that too. If there was a consistent Tesla policy on setting up / associating accounts web UI for lease drivers then I'd be happy, but from all the information I read so far, it's pretty "hit and miss", and in my case a big "miss".

But anyway as I have yet to drive my car any distance and never even considered venturing to a SC yet, how do I pay for SC sessions? I do not seem to have any way to associate a credit card with my M3. Can anyone explain what you'd see if I did have access?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just wondered if there are any lease drivers here and can share if they have access to their cars MyTesla Web Account after login?
I queried the fact (with VirtualServiceUK) that I cannot see my M3 in the account (although Android App is fine with same login details).

Tesla Virtual Service UK came back with this ..

Now for me this doesn't help at all! All of my colleagues that have been through the nightmare of Leaseplan / Tesla order and delivery do already have access to their cars via their MyTesla account. And others here may recognise the pain to get through that too. If there was a consistent Tesla policy on setting up / associating accounts web UI for lease drivers then I'd be happy, but from all the information I read so far, it's pretty "hit and miss", and in my case a big "miss".

But anyway as I have yet to drive my car any distance and never even considered venturing to a SC yet, how do I pay for SC sessions? I do not seem to have any way to associate a credit card with my M3. Can anyone explain what you'd see if I did have access?
hi

i had the same problem and am with leaseplan the phone app work fine, and when logging into my online account dont get any car details,
but have found that any sc visits are logged under history found at the top off the page, and they bill the card thats registered on the account under card details which you should be able to do so you can sc with no worrys,about how your pay,
hope this helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't see the car in my Tesla web account, but the app works for me and my account gets charged for super charging.

It is a bit confusing, why not just show the car in the web account but have some sort of indicator that it's leased.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Things appear to have changed recently for some, including me. I had a card on my account but no car, in the last few days the card has gone and the ability to add one has gone. Supercharging still works and I see the invoice however I no longer get charged, I’m assuming the lease company are being billed and at some point this mess will be resolved

·
Registered
2 Posts
Apparently Tesla are working on a fix for this, following fix all Supercharger usage will be retro charged. I understand they are near a fix. This fix is also needed for purchasing updates such as Premium Connectivity as many SR+ users about to be turned off as past 30 day trial and many LR and P users will be hitting end of 1 year free period soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This seems to be resolved for me now payment details can now be updated on the web no “upgrades” available though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same for me there is now a “Manage Payments” tab in the Account tab on Tesla.com. My next issue is how do I extend my Premium Connectivity that expires on 5th June?

·
Regular contributor
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Same for me there is now a “Manage Payments” tab in the Account tab on Tesla.com. My next issue is how do I extend my Premium Connectivity that expires on 5th June?
Thanks @Ian Ma I just checked and the new "Manage Payments" has appeared for me too now (before that there was no way to add a credit card). I still don't get why other Lease drivers have their cars shown and for us not. It's not difficult for Tesla to run query through their database to bring all the lease cars, inline with each other, and provide the same consistent UI. The only difference for drivers (that have access) is that they have the ability to see UPGRADES in their app's and can see their cars, schedule services and upgrades via the MyTesla web page. Some of this is much much easier using a desktop interface than just being limited to a phone app. It seems so unprofessional of Tesla not to have this issue sorted by now, the number of lease drivers will continue to increase rapidly and the issue will not go away. :confused:

It is a bit confusing, why not just show the car in the web account but have some sort of indicator that it's leased.
Exactly. This would be perfect. I also don't understand why Tesla would want to stop anyone buying upgrades (maybe not many would do) but blocking drivers doing this seems strange. Especially as Tesla has been considering renting FSD features. I'm sure many drivers of lease cars would pay a £20 for a week's FSD .. ;)

TESLA VIRTUAL SERVICE .. if you are reading this, then please re-work your MyTesla UI and as @Yoric mentioned "flag" the car as a lease, but still allow it to be shown / managed like any other Tesla owned or not.(y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts