Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I’m just coming to the end of my lease on a Niro 4 PHEV. Need to make a decision on an EV fir next April especially with lead times. Have the option of a £300 pcm lease from my current company (3 year, 10k a year, personal not business).

I think I’ll go for the 3 which means I lose a few features?

Anyone happy to share their experience and details of PCP/lease deals?

I do wonder whether to wait a bit to see if we get more details on government support, but it doesn’t look like any extra funding ie a higher contribution or interest free loans.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Chris,

I've been a longer time lurker on these forums and just plumped for my first lease on e-niro 3.

My current deals is:
24 months. 8,000 miles. 6 initial rent. Monthly rental: £268.79 inc VAT.

Leaseloco is very good for tracking lease deals.

From my understanding from reading around, there will be some very good lease deals for e-niro until the new year.

Happy to answer any questions ☺

Fais

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Fais

Good to know. Thanks for your reply. I would ideally wait a bit longer, and things might change even more for the better. I’d kick myself if a better government contribution got announced. Of course the lease company I’m talking to is saying - got to get this deal this month or rates will change... but they would say that.. and I need to time it right because of order lead times or i might be without a car. April is my switchover.

So end of year is a good time for lease deals?

Interested as well whst pcp deals people might have as the disadvantage of leading us no equity at the end of the deal, so need to add the cost of saving up for the next deposit.

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
My current delivery rate is Feb/March.

As I understand the offers on the e-niros are currently good as Korea were able to keep up with production over lockdown. That with combination of the economic downturn has lead to a relative "oversupply". However this is now reducing I suspect lease price will start to plateau/rise again. Some people were able to get hold of e-niro within weeks if they were able to be flexible on a colour.

Longer term if leasing works for me (I'm self employed) I will continue to do so until technology settles down. In a few years there will be a lot move EV options around before I start buying again/PCP.

Personally I didn't PCP/buy outright due to the poor deals from Kia and potential depreciation. I used fleetnews as a guide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m not intending to do that. I just forgot to specify it. With any lease there’s an upfront cost, but I should’ve been specific how many months upfront that relates to. As far as I can tell it would still be better than pcp. But feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

·
Registered
Ioniq Project 45, e-Niro4+
2,771 Posts
Initial PaymentArrangement FeeTotal UpfrontMonthly Payments x 23Average Monthly CostLoco Score
Jet Vehicle Finance Ltd

Factory Order
1st
£2,565.86£195.00£2,760.86£285.10£388.25

Just ran this on my PC and this is the best deal. Strange!
comes out at £9318 inc fee. I'm guessing the price is lower due to factory order lead time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts