Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Been lurking here for a while, gaining new insight into all things electric, especially Tesla-related.
I feel I'm ready to jump on the EV bandwagon.

Can people give me some help with leasing options?
I know I can't expect deals from this site but people's experiences in similar deals they may have taken would be very useful.
For comparison, here's the details

Business lease (to start after April 5th of course).
Around 3-6 month deposit
48 month term
10K per annum
I'd like the blue or grey colour
Non-maintained

Having a quick look myself, I note Tesla offer 664/m with 6K down.
Other quotes from various leasing companies are coming out around 650/m with 2K down.

Are these the kind of numbers I should expect to pay?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is not appropriate here.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've got a recent business quote for a performance from OctopusEV for 48 months, it's for a white car (so would need to be adjusted for paint). It's also a 9 months down deposit, but hopefully gives you an idea

4460.41 down (excluding VAT)
495.60 per month (excluding VAT)

If you want Cyril's (my contact at OctopusEV direct contact details to get a personalised quote, let me know :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, a question to all, can you use someone's free 1000 mile supercharging link when leasing a Tesla?
I'm guessing the answer is no?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great!
I'm already with Octopus for my energy so a chat about their OctopusGo tariff where you get 8K miles bundled in sounds like a no-brainer right now.

Get 8000 free miles with your next car
Bundle a brand new electric car with OctopusGo (the EV tariff from Octopus Energy) and we'll throw in a FREE 8000 miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I will need one so will ask about that too!

Hopefully I'll start SAVING some money after all this... ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm looking to place an order for a performance on a company lease.

The best deal I've found so far for a 3+35 month deal with 10,000 miles was £582 + vat per month from Gateway2Lease.

Has anyone seen any better deals around?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're with the NHS, they have £325/mo , 8k miles, no deposit, all servicing and insurance for 4 over 30 drivers.

Extra fiver to get a podpoint installed.

Only in white though.

(Figures are net reduction in take home for high rate tax payer, after ni, tax and pension savings)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm not a NHS worker.

I've checked all the usual brokers and noticed that lease prices have increased in the last 2 weeks probably due to increased demand. Some monthly rentals by as much as 10%!

I suspect there's a rush of people ordering ahead of the BIK change in April and brokers are looking to cash in.

Thankfully I'm not in a rush and can wait, but I'd advise anyone signing a lease to look very carefully at the overall cost. Currently there isn't much of a saving compared to going direct with Tesla. In some cases lease deals through brokers are coming in more expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm looking to place an order for a performance on a company lease.

The best deal I've found so far for a 3+35 month deal with 10,000 miles was £582 + vat per month from Gateway2Lease.

Has anyone seen any better deals around?
I ordered my M3P through OctopusEV. At the time (few weeks ago), it came out 555 +vat, 6months upfront, 10K/annum, 48m lease.
I noticed it was rising daily when I was trying different leasing companies.

I'm already an Octopus energy customer and have switched to their Go tariff.
Octopus were also offering an EO smart charger at 369 all in for customers which I thought was pretty good. Taken that too!

If you're interested, even to switch to their tariff, use my referral code for £50.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts